Thread: Following file missing or corrupt: system32\hal.dll

Following file missing or corrupt: system32\hal.dll

I own a e-Machine which has Windows XP in it. It is a very old system. I even do not remember where I had kept the OS disc that came with it. Now there is some issue with Windows XP. Iam getting a error that hal.dll is missing. Windows XP fails to start. I am not having any cd for through which I can fix Windows. Also there is some data that is necessary to recover. I am willing to find a way that can really help me to fix the problem. I am sure there are many ways of fixing windows other than just formatting or re-installing from scratch.

Re: Following file missing or corrupt: system32\hal.dll

Here is a link that can really help you and it has enough information which you are looking for. The link offers solution on many windows startup problem. Like Vista there is no way in Windows XP to run startup repair. The error that you are getting is due to missing bootloader. You must find some kind of way to restore that. Go on web and try to search on some video tutorial that provides a detail guide on who to fix dll errors. I am sure you will find something on that. But to fix it under all condition you will need a XP installation CD. This are king of major bugs which cannot be resolved just like that.

Error message: "Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem"

Re: Following file missing or corrupt: system32\hal.dll

You will need Windows XP installation CD and in that you have to boot in recovery console. By running fixmbr command I think there are chances that you can get back the bootloader. I got the error on my laptop but later on I found that my hard drive has stopped working. The problem was with the hardware not with the software. I hope your hard drive is still alive. You can try to use some kind of live boot disc that is available on web and boot through that. With the help of live cd. it will be possible for you to get back your data.