Thread: Windows 7 software counterfeiting error after installing Windows 8

Windows 7 software counterfeiting error after installing Windows 8

I downloaded a beta edition of Windows 8. My friend has given me the cd. I want to test the new interface of Windows 8. I created a separate partition for the same. Now there is already Windows 7 installed in my system. I am using this for more than a year. It came with the system. I am not using a branded computer. I bought it through my friends reference. After installing Windows 8, when I switch back to Windows 7 I am getting a message at the bottom right about software counterfeiting. It says your Windows copy is not genuine. What should I do to fix this.

Re: Windows 7 software counterfeiting error after installing Windows 8

You are using a pirated version of Windows 7 due to which you got that error. Many are not aware that when you dual boot Windows, either Windows XP/Windows 7 or Windows 7/Windows 8 you get this kind of issue. When you install Windows 8 which is a beta version, it is a genuine copy by Microsoft for public testing. It perform certain updates from web which also verify any existing version of Windows is available or not and if it is not genuine you get this message on the screen.

That's really weird. I never thought that a Windows 8 on the other partition can do this. Actually I am not sure whether I am having a genuine or pirated copy. I got it with the system. I was also going to do the same but was not sure that updates can screw the system like this. It is a bit complicated to find fix for that. If you are having a genuine copy you must simply use the activation that you get for your OS and activate your product once again.

Your system has not passed genuine validation check due to which you are getting that message. It is necessary that you must verify your copy of Windows once again on the official site of Microsoft. I had seen some vendor independently sells system with pirated copy of Windows and users on the same hand are not aware about the same. You must always ask for a genuine cd that has license key. If you had paid for the OS contact the vendor and ask him about this.

You will need to buy a Windows copy now. You are definitely using a pirated software. Or best you can do is remove Windows 7 and use that free edition of Windows 8 which is genuine. It will allow you to get all latest updates. Another thing you can do is arrange a Windows 7 cd and format the system and install it once again. You will get some 30 days trail copy that you can use with all the activated features. Later on purchase a license key to activate it.