Thread: Windows 8 - Metro Apps won’t connect to the Internet

Windows 8 - Metro Apps won’t connect to the Internet

I have installed Windows 8 on my laptop few hours ago and I did not had any issue while installing it. However, since installing it the Metro Apps won’t connect to the Internet. They just keep on saying “Loading” or come up with a white page. There is nothing wrong with internet connection, I can use desktop version of internet explorer and carry out my browsing and downloading tasks. I am not able to get any of the Metro Apps working, what might be wrong?? Has anyone else faced the same issue or has any idea about it??

Re: Windows 8 - Metro Apps won’t connect to the Internet

u could just look it up but u r doing one thing right by coming here

could u possibly give a little more info!!!!!

not enough was provided for us to diagnose it ourselves
    if we have more info we can better diagnose the issue/problem

I want to know if you have upgraded to windows 8 or you have made a clean installation of it. Also, have you installed any application or program after installing windows 8 or this issue started just after the installation??? I have checked about this topic and have come across people who were facing similar issue. Some of those had to uninstall their current antiviruses where as some had to make clean installation of windows 8. In case you have installed any application then uninstall them one by one. If you haven’t then I will suggest you to make clean installation of windows 8.

I have made clean installation of windows 8 in my laptop. I haven’t installed any application by now, this issue started just after installing windows 8. I wanted to add that I had ran windows 8 upgrade assistant before installing windows 8 on my laptop and it dint reported any trouble. I don’t mind reinstalling win 8 but I want to know if there is any other solution that I can try out before that. Any further help and a quick reply on this matter will be appreciated.

Your problem seems to be very weird. I had faced the same issue and it was because of Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 in my case. Since installing Kaspersky Internet Security 2013, metro applications like Mail, Calender, People, Messaging, Store, Maps etc were not getting connected even when there was nothing wrong with my internet connection. Later while carrying out some troubleshooting, I uninstalled Kaspersky and all metro applications started working fine after that. Since you have mentioned that you haven’t installed any application yet, reinstalling windows 8 seem to be a better idea to me as well.

If you want then you can try refreshing windows 8. I am not sure if that would help but you can surely give it a try in such situation.
    First open the Charms bar and click on the Settings icon
    Now at the bottom of the Settings pane, click on “Change PC Settings” and click on “General”
    After that simply scroll down to the right side of the PC Settings screen’s General Section until you find “Refresh Your PC without Affecting Your Files” option.
    Once you get it, select it, click on the Get Started button, click on Next for starting the refreshing process, insert your Windows 8 disc and click on the Refresh button.

The refreshing process might take some time, so be patient and don’t interrupt the process in between.

Thanks for sharing the refreshing trick but it simply made no difference in my case. Don’t know what went wrong with my fresh installation of windows 8. I’ll better try reinstalling windows 8. Hope that would fix this weird issue, fingers crossed.