Thread: Windows 8 installation gets stuck with an error on 80 percent

Windows 8 installation gets stuck with an error on 80 percent

I am trying to install windows 8 on my laptop but after competing 80 percent of the installation part it gets stuck with an error saying
    “Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some error info, and then we’ll restart for you”
    I have tried installing it six times but it is getting stuck with the same error message every time, any idea what might be wrong in my case?? What can I do to fix it???

Re: Windows 8 installation gets stuck with an error on 80 percent

Which version of windows 8 you are trying to install?? Did you run “Windows 8 upgrade assistant tool” before installing windows 8 on your laptop??? Which is the current windows operating system in your laptop??? Are you making clean installation of windows 7? Just let me know what I’ve asked for so that I can have better idea of the problem you are going through and will try to help you accordingly.

Are you having any external device connected to your system?? Say an external hard drive, printer, scanner etc?? If yes then unplug them and start the installation again.

No, I don’t have any external device connected to my laptop. I am trying to install windows 8 pro, I had ran Windows 8 upgrade assistant tool before installing windows 8 and it had not reported anything. I am trying to update to windows 8 over windows 7.
    I have tried making clean installation of windows 8 by deleting all partitions and installing it on a new partition but even that dint worked. I don’t think there is anything wrong with my system but I don’t know what’s causing this error to come up every time. Please let me know If I need to check out anything before installing windows 8? Any help for fixing this issue will be appreciated.

Conditions that should be true before installing windows 8 on any system
    Run Windows 8 upgrade assistant tool and do the suggested task.
    If you are updating to windows 8 over windows 7 then make sure that you have all recommended windows update installed.
    Disable your antivirus and other security feature Windows 8 setup is standalone program. Your bios is up to date No extra usb device is connected to your system except keyboard and mouse

I was getting the same error when I had tried installing windows 8 for the very first time on my system running windows 7. However, I was able to install it later without any further issue by following below steps:
    Run windows 8 setup in windows 7
    You’ll be asked whether you have to “Keep everything” or “Nothing”
    Select “Everything” and follow further simple steps for installing windows 8