Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012

Windows 8 Installation problem

I have a weird problem with windows 8 Installation, as soon as I insert the installation disk and start the installation after some time I am dragged back to windows 7 and it windows 8 won?t get install. I don?t know if there is something wrong with the installation disk I have bought or there is something wrong with my system. Is there anyone who can help me out installing windows 8 successfully????
Old 10-11-2012

Re: Windows 8 Installation problem

What you mean by this ?I am dragged back to windows 7? ?
Are you getting any error while installing it?? Is windows 8 installation process getting stuck at any point??? If it is getting stuck than you can go through the below thread and try out the solution mentioned there.
Windows 8 installation getting stuck at Preparing
Old 10-11-2012

I want to know if you have run windows 8 Upgrade Assistant before installing it on your system?? It does not run Upgrade Assistant first and check out if your system is capable of handling windows 8 or not. If that?s not an issue then make sure that your current windows is having antivirus and security feature disabled. They are likely to interfere with the installation process and it is recommended to disable them while upgrading windows.
Old 12-11-2012

I don?t have any other system currently for testing the disk. I will ask some of my friend to test out the installation disk for me this weekend . While looking after a fix for this issue I came across many people who had installation problems. Most of them were having it while upgrading to windows 8 from windows 7, I have chatted with some of them and they suggested me to make clean installation of windows 8 rather than upgrading. So I?ll do that and will let you know if I get success in making a clean installation.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,