Thread: Windows 8 Pro keeps on freezing

Windows 8 Pro keeps on freezing

So I have upgraded to windows 8 Pro form windows 7 yesterday with high hopes but my hope has been blown off like a balloon.
    My system keeps on freezing randomly and i am just getting frustrated. By now I have just transferred my backup and i have installed some games and it has started dying.
    Just let me know if there is anything i can do about it??? Else ill better reinstall windows 7.

Re: Windows 8 Pro keeps on freezing

Assuming your system meets up windows 8 requirements I want to know if you have updated your graphic card drivers?? If you haven’t than update it first and let me know if that makes any difference.

Yes my system meets up windows requirements, I had installed windows 8 consumer preview on the same system and I did not had any issue as such. It worked quite well, God knows what’s wrong with Windows 8 Pro. I have installed latest driver for my graphic card and have installed some recommended updates as well, my system is up to date.
    This freezing issue is very annoying, nothing works when it occurs, I simply have to press restart button to get it working until it freezes next time.

Rather than games have you installed any third party application??? If you have than you can try uninstalling them for testing purpose. There are possibilities that they might be interfering with some windows 8 processes causing system to freeze. If possible try disabling your antivirus and other security programs for that moment as well. If problem continues than try running "bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes" command in command prompt. Just check out and try out things I have mentioned and post back the response you get for further help.

I have just installed some games and avast antivirus, do you mean those installed games might be interfering with windows 8 processes even when they are not running?? I have tried disabling antivirus but that’s not making any difference, my system still freezes.
    I have been looking after a fix for this issue and have come across many people who are running in to same issue but I haven’t found any effective solution to fix it up. I have tried other suggested solution like enabling Hyper-V, Installing all of the important update etc but no luck by now. I can’t just get rid of this freezing problem.

Since you haven’t installed any third party application and have tried out the possible solution to deal with freezing issue, I will suggest you to reinstall windows 8. I can’t think of any other workaround that might help.