Thread: How to upgrade form pirated Windows 7 to legal Windows 8

How to upgrade form pirated Windows 7 to legal Windows 8

As my title suggest I want to know if it is possible to upgrade form pirated version of Windows 7 to legal Windows 8??? Currently I am willing to check out windows 8 but I don’t have genuine version of windows 7.
    Some of my friend have suggested me to get full version of windows 8 rather than getting the upgrade one and do a clean installation but its costlier than upgrade version.

Re: How to upgrade form pirated Windows 7 to legal Windows 8

I know that the upgrade version is cheaper but then I will like to inform you that $40 upgrade license is valid for genuine version of of XP, Vista and Windows 7 and not for any pirated version. I really don;t think it would be possible for you to upgrade form pirated Windows 7 to legal Windows 8.

I will like to have an answer for the same.
    Upgrade version is available for $40
    Full version is available for $150 +
    I know that its full version is worth that price but Ill be quite interested to know if there is any possibilities of upgrade form pirated Windows 7 to legal Windows 8.

As far as i am aware one can upgrade to Windows 8 Pro from pirated Windows 7 by purchasing it legally for $39.99.
    Many people have already claimed that they were able to upgrade to Windows 8 Pro using the upgrade disc for all three versions – Windows 7, Vista and XP. It seems as if the tool for detecting the pirated copies is not able to check the genuineness of the current Windows copy.
    -Their is a time for one thing, and times for other things, but now isn't the time to read this message-

I still doubt if it will work but if you are talking about making a clean installation using Windows 8 Pro upgrade disc after selecting "Keep Nothing" and "Clean Install" options than I don’t have any idea. I haven’t tried it myself but yes there are people claiming that they have upgraded to windows 8 successfully using upgrade disc.
    There are other some other hacks and tweaks that has been shared all of the web for converting pirated windows 8 in to genuine and then upgrading to windows 8 but I doubt if they’ll work.

If it is possible than its surely a business strategy form Microsoft, I mean they are aware that windows 7 was their biggest hit and according to sources there are 670 million Windows 7 users with ‘genuine licenses. However on the other hand there are many people who are using pirated version of the same around the globe.
    Microsoft might be trying to attract them with such offering so that they get their windows os updated to windows 8 and continue to use it thereafter. I have gone through some articles and they have mentioned that Microsoft is allowing Non-Legit Windows Users to upgrade to windows 7 just within promotional offer period (which expires on Jan 31st 2013).

I did the upgrade from a disc, no problem. Windows 8 will look for the license of windows 7 b4 it continues. anything else will need clean install after you completely uninstall pirated copy
    KikisPlace

Quote Originally Posted by Kikisplace View Post
    I did the upgrade from a disc, no problem. Windows 8 will look for the license of windows 7 b4 it continues. anything else will need clean install after you completely uninstall pirated copy
    So, what happened when Windows 8 looked for license of Windows 7, did it stop or did you get any error message or the installation was completed without any errors? I would say that it would be best to clean install a new operating system rather than upgrade it on the previous OS because then you would not face problem with the license checking.