Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 27-10-2012

We can't tell if your PC is ready to continue installing Windows 8. Try restarting Setup

I am trying to make clean installation of windows 8 using its installation disk on my system but I am getting an error message saying ?We can't tell if your PC is ready to continue installing Windows 8. Try restarting Setup.? I have tried restarting the setup many times but no luck. I keep getting the same error message again and again. I have Google out the error and I haven?t found anything useful, has anyone faced same error while installing windows 8 or has any idea about it????
Old 27-10-2012

Re: We can't tell if your PC is ready to continue installing Windows 8. Try restarting Setup

Same here, even I am not able to make out what?s wrong in my case. I am trying to install windows 8 using the installer that I have downloaded but as soon as I select "install now." I get above error message. I have tried restarting the Setup and have tried re-downloading the installer thinking there might be something wrong with it but no avail by now. I am just not able to get rid of this error message. I did not had any issue in installing windows 8 consumer preview on my system earlier. Since there was no option for upgrading from windows 8 consumer preview to windows 8 final version I have uninstalled it and have installed windows 7.
Old 29-10-2012

Re: We can't tell if your PC is ready to continue installing Windows 8. Try restarting Setup

Did you both found a fix for it??? I am getting the same error while installing windows 8 via usb bootable drive. I don?t know what the issue all about is. Windows 8 consumer preview had worked fine on my system so I am quite sure that there is no compatibility issue. I have been looking in to other forums for help but I haven?t come across any effective solution yet.
Old 29-10-2012

I have restarted the Setup 50 times, can anyone help me out in getting rid of this error message

Old 29-10-2012

Hey guys I have fixed this issue in my case, I was looking after a fix and came across one who was getting same error. If you are having antivirus installed in your system than uninstall it, Download and install McAfree removal tool and run it to get rid of the hidden files and folders that might have remained and restart installation of windows 8 after that.
In my case I was having avast installed and I had not uninstalled it before installing windows 8. As soon as I uninstalled it, run McAfree removal tool and restarted windows 8 installation, everything went fine and I was able to install it without any further issue.
Old 30-10-2012

Worked out for me as well, I was having avg installed in my system. Just after uninstalling it and removing all instances of it using McAfree removal tool windows 8 installation went up fine.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: ,