Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2012

GPT hard disk error while installing Windows 8

I have just brought Windows 8 for my PC and I started installing it. While installing Windows 8 in a partition, I got an error message saying that I cannot install Windows 8 because the hard disk I am trying to install is a GPT hard disk. Can someone tell me what the problem can be? I am trying to install Windows 8 in D drive of my hard disk while I have Windows 7 installed in the C drive of my hard drive. Is there any problem with it?
Old 11-09-2012

Re: GPT hard disk error while installing Windows 8

The gParted error message while installing Windows 8 is appearing because the partition on which you are trying to install the operating system is not the primary partition. The primary partition in your hard disk is that of C drive where you have installed Windows 7. When you try to install Windows 8, it wants a partition where it can establish its file. But D drive doesn?t allow it to do so. That is why you are getting this error.
Old 11-09-2012

Re: GPT hard disk error while installing Windows 8

I don?t think that you should be getting this error while installation of Windows 8. If you are using USB drive to install Windows 8 using the .iso files, then chances can be that this error message might appear. Windows 8 needs to have a FAT 32 type of drive to be installed into. Either the drive in which you are trying to install the operating system is not FAT 32 type or the USB device that you are using is not FAT 32 type. If your USB device is not FAT 32 type, then you will need to clean format it and convert it into FAT 32 before using it to install Windows 8.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,