Thread: Where is show desktop tile on Metro start screen in Windows 8?

Where is show desktop tile on Metro start screen in Windows 8?

I brought myself the Windows 8 consumer preview and installed it on my computer. I was exploring around the operating system and trying out various options and features in it. While doing this, I started playing around with the tiles in the Metro start screen. During this process, I mistakenly deleted the tile to go back on the desktop screen. Now I don’t know how to go back on the desktop screen after entering the Metro UI. Can someone tell me how to get the desktop tile back?

Re: Where is show desktop tile on Metro start screen in Windows 8?

You can get it back by just finding the logo in the search bar. What I mean to say is that when you are in the Metro Start menu, then on the right upper corner of the menu, you will find a search bar. Enter Desktop in this search bar and you will get numerous options and apps in a row. You will find shortcut of the desktop on the top. Just right click on it and you will get option to pin it in the start menu. Do it to get it on the Metro start menu as a tile. On the bottom taskbar, you will also get option to unpin it.

Re: Where is show desktop tile on Metro start screen in Windows 8?

You can refresh Windows 8 on your computer using the Boot DVD. When you put in the disk in your DVD drive, then you will get three options, which are refresh your PC, restart your PC and advanced options. When you do the Refresh PC, Windows 8 will just repair and restore to default settings. Since your desktop tile has gone missing, it will make it appear by restoring the default settings. This option of Windows 8 won’t erase your data. It will also restore your settings and keep the softwares installed as they are.