Thread: Windows 8 RTM version is very ugly

Windows 8 RTM version is very ugly

I just got the Windows 8 RTM version and I installed it in my computer. After installing it, I started it and used for around half an hour. From my use, I think that this operating system is bad in terms of interface I didn’t like it a bit. I didn’t like the transparency of the taskbar, nor did I like the graying of the inactive windows. Did anyone else too think that Windows 8 is going to be really bad in terms of interface?

Re: Windows 8 RTM version is very ugly

I too think that Windows 8 is really bad when it comes to the interface. I mean the transparent taskbar creates an unwanted distraction by showing the contents behind it. Couldn’t the developers put the blur on it like it was present in Windows 7. Maybe the settings will provide us with option to blur the taskbar, but I don’t think that a transparent taskbar is going to work for many people. Also the developers have tried to bring a false illusion f the icons being 3D. But they have failed to bring in the desired effect. The logos in Windows 8 look like they are cut out from paper and stuck on the screen. Also the close and the minimize buttons look badly done. I don’t think that I will be using Windows 8 ever.
    Bethany

The worst part about the interface of Windows 8 according to me is the scroll bar. I didn’t like the scroll bar used in the Windows 8. It looks awful and is also awful to use. I hope that the final version of Windows 8 has this scroll bar done properly. I want the scroll bar from Windows 7 or Windows XP back. They were much better than the Windows 8 scroll bar. The idea of Metro interface looked good only in concepts. But when it is implemented, it is really disappointing. I too think that avoiding Windows 8 would be a better option.

I don’t know why the developers have focused so much on making the Start Menu so big. The old start menu was great where it just popped out of the Start button. After trying the Windows 8 RTM version I think that the Start menu is one part about Windows 8. It opens in one big screen which actually looks like a whole new window. It is really irritating when we need to open just a single simple application like calculator or notepad. I think there should be an option by default where we can get the old type of menu back.

I too have seen many people discussing how bad Windows 8 looks on various internet forum and blog spots. Even many websites have been criticizing this new looks. Windows 8 doesn’t just have disappointing UI, but the amount of resources it consumes is also bad. I think that this will be a gold mine for the third party developers who will cash in by bringing out various themes for Windows 8 to make it look like older operating system. I am sure that many people will not jump on Windows 8 because of its unsatisfactory UI.