Thread: How to get Power button on Windows 8 Taskbar

How to get Power button on Windows 8 Taskbar

Hello. I need a tip for some customization process on Windows 8 taskbar, hope this is right section. Now as Windows 8 is about to launch, i started using Customer Preview to learn it before i go for final version. Now during this period i found that we dont have Start menu by default on our desktop (i know it is on Metro). So, if we need to use power key or shutdown/restart, i need to go to metro every time. But i have seen few PCs in some office having a power icon on their taskbar. It was surprising for me. I dont know how they did but i want to get it on my desktop as well. So could you guys please let me know how can i get the power button on my W8 taskbar ? Thanks for you helps.

Re: How to get Power button on Windows 8 Taskbar

Yeah, there are many people trying to get as much as options they can add to their taskbar or context menu in Windows 8. Anyway, you can add Power button to your windows 8 taskbar with the of very small utility. There is an app named jumpcontrol. You can download the same from the attachment below.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thats really a very handy and useful app friend, i am already using it and very happy. For those who looking for power options on their Taskbar, here the options you will get with this app:

Quote Originally Posted by Fullorton View Post
    Yeah, there are many people trying to get as much as options they can add to their taskbar or context menu in Windows 8. Anyway, you can add Power button to your windows 8 taskbar with the of very small utility. There is an app named jumpcontrol. You can download the same from the attachment below.
    Sorry guys, i forget to mention how to use it. You just need to extract the files to a folder in any drive. Double click Jump Control.exe and pin it to taskbar. Thats it. It won requires any installation. Whenever you want the power options, just do a single click on its taskbar icon and get shut down, restart, etc options right away.