Thread: switching back from windows 8 to windows 7

switching back from windows 8 to windows 7

Am using Microsoft products from last 9 years but this time, with Windows 8 am just fed up. I installed it a month ago and since then trying to learn it completely. But still there are many annoying things that am unable to do even in this period. Keyboard and mouse issues, specially with scrolls. I dont know how can i backup my entire device with all accounts including facebook, twitter, google, and all softwares. Searched system, searched internet but no success. As per me Windows 7 is the best so far and am switching back to the same. Can you guys please tell me which is the very comfortable way to roll back to windows 7?

Re: switching back from windows 8 to windows 7

What ? You are using Windows since 9 years and want to leave Windows 8 just because you are not getting backup option ? Common buddy, this is not any reason to quite a system like Windows 8. If backup only is the reason, than let me tell you that built-in backup features in Windows system are infact not so effective. Neither in Windows 7, or may be nor in Windows 8.

But there are various third party backup software available in market which provide effective backup and restore solutions. Many of them are also compatible with windows 8. The one am using from years in "Acronis". You should try it for backing up your windows 8 computer. It is very effective and you will not need to switch back to windows 8. Check out below URLS:

Windows DATA Backup Solutions
    Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery 5.0

Even i am facing many problems with W8 and want to go back to my W7. Unfortunately i did a fresh install of windows 7 after formatting my windows 7, i should have backed up my system before installing W8. Anyways, as i said i have many problems such as mouse scrolling, keyboard problems where my few keys stop working after few minutes as soon as i log in to w8. So can you please tell me how can i go back to W7 ?

Quote Originally Posted by maq.h View Post
    What ? You are using Windows since 9 years and want to leave Windows 8 just because you are not getting backup option ? Common buddy, this is not any reason to quite a system like Windows 8. If backup only is the reason, than let me tell you that built-in backup features in Windows system are infact not so effective. Neither in Windows 7, or may be nor in Windows 8.
    Thanks for your support and suggestion Maq.h, but not only backup problem but i have too many more problems with the same. Even am not comfortable using this OS because most of my time gets waste to learn it because of new features and user interface. So, let me know how to switch back from windows 8 to windows 7. Thank you.

Removing Windows 8 or switching back to Windows 7 is very easy if you have not installed it in Dual Boot. If it is the only system on your harddrive, than the process is very simple. Just insert Windows 7 disk in DVD drive, format the partition and continue windows 7 set up. That’s it.

And if it is dual booted with any other operating system, than its bit tricky. In such condition, checkout this How to remove Windows 8 Consumer Preview or this http://forums.techarena.in/operating...ms/1436912.htm