| || |
Join Date: Nov 2011
Re: Unable to restart or shutdown windows 8
I had faced similar issue when I was using windows 7 and at that time I had reinstalling windows for solving the issue, currently I am running windows 8 on my system and I am not having any issue with it. I won’t suggest you to go for reinstallation directly but you can try out resetting windows 8 which is a new feature. For resetting windows 8 you can refer below steps:
- Insert your Windows 8 installation DVD or USB thumb drive , Boot to System Recovery Options , click on “Reset your PC’ and click on next.
- When you get a prompt saying for further access then click on your listed administrator account, enter the required details and proceed.
- Now when you get a prompt asking to select os then select windows 8 Consumer preview.
- In next screen you will get two options, one for removing all files from all drives and one from Windows 8 drive only.
- You can select of the option accordingly, after that you will get another screen with two options, one for through reset which will take more time and other for quick reset. Since you are running in to weird issue whose cause is unknown I will suggest you to choose through one.
- Once you have chosen one option and clicked on reset, you will have to enter Windows 8 Consumer Preview product key, so after entering the same click on Next, accept the license terms and proceed with further on screen instruction for completing the resetting process.