| || |
Join Date: Nov 2011
Re: How to add network storage to Windows 8 library
In that case you can try out the below steps:
- Make sure that you are having "UNC" path to your NAS share and then create a folder on your hard disk with any name and integrate it in to your video library.
- After that go in to C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries\ and Copy Videos file on desktop, right click on it and select Open With.
- You can select editor for opening it, when you get a plain text file then you can search for that file and replace it with the UNC path and delete below packages between <serialized>...</serialized>. Once you do that then it will look like this:
<url>\\NAS\Video Collection</ url>
- Once you are done with the same then you can save the file and copy it to your desktop in C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries\ and override existing "Videos" file.
- When you are done with all of the above things then you can delete the folder that you have created with any name.