Thread: When Microsoft will finally start selling Windows 8

When Microsoft will finally start selling Windows 8

When Microsoft is releasing Windows 8 finally in the market for public. Till yet we had not received a full beta version that we can go for. Windows 8 is a cool operating system and I hope the final version for the same is quiet much better.

Re: When Microsoft will finally start selling Windows 8

There is no clear news on the same. Still Microsoft has not officially announced the final release of Windows 8. Yet the release of Microsoft Surface is pending. The last edition that I had notice was Windows 8 RTM after Consumer Preview.

Windows RTM edition is released for Developers on upgrade for existing operating system they are using. Windows 8 upgrade was offered by Microsoft recently, but that was for limited period only. Somehow there is a evaluation copy available but from only third party resources. You cannot simply get the final version so early. There are chances of getting this in end of this year or the next only. Microsoft has not given any kind of deadline for the release. I do not know what you like Windows 8.

I installed Windows 8 Consumer Preview over Windows 7 and then simply removed it. It is bit complicated to me. How can you manage to use a touch interface through mouse. Also keyboard was a bit complicated to use on the Metro UI. I tried to locate some guides on web but they there are only articles which discuss the features. Somehow I am expecting something better in Windows 8 final edition. It would be lighter and with new support. I want to use it on my tablet, I hope Microsoft will also sell a tablet edition with the pc one.

We can expect that in future. There is no said release date. It is nice if Microsoft provide a tablet edition also. With minimum system requirement we can run Windows 8 on tablets and enjoy major benefits.

I think before next year we will not be able to see Windows 8 on our systems. Once this is finally announced a number of new branded computers will be running no it. Windows 8 is not confusing it is better and simple this time. Microsoft took a great risk in modifying its entire interface. It made chances to the traditional method of using a computer. You do not have the same start menu now. You cause Metro UI on your desktop to run number of application. I think this would lighter and better than Windows 7.

If you want to learn about the same go on web and read the features in detail. Microsoft is integrating, msn, raid, antivirus, etc type features inside the operating system. So the next time if you purchase a surface tablet you can simply sync that with your pc with no worries. I love Windows platform and working on the same for years. I am waiting for Windows 8 final output. Consumer Preview is not stable according to me. It needs more tweak.

Windows 8 just disappeared from news. There is no information on that. Also Microsoft did not provided any information on the final release. I hope it will be sooner. But it must be better than Windows 7 in every aspect.

Don't you think Windows 8 will be costly in comparison to Windows 7 or earlier editions. I am trying to locate the price of the same, but cannot find anywhere. I had seen some version of the same is released for developers to test this produce based on monthly renewal fees. But that is not for regular users. People have to wait back to find the version for their desktop. It looks Windows 8 will be too divided into number of editions based on basic, home or professional. It would affect the price range.

I am trying to locate major changes. Somehow one thing Microsoft did well is that it did not removed the Desktop completely. You can still access the desktop and start menu and browser your files. Windows 8 will offer more professional support in comparison to basic one. You can choose the edition of your choice based on your features. In the last news that I saw, Microsoft was giving a Trail Edition of Windows 8 Enterprise. This is said as the final version which is pending to release.

There is a evaluation version available but it is only release for developers. Somehow this is not released for public. It is a testing edition and provided on a prescribed free. You must try tro find the download from third party sources. I hope you can locate the same.

Windows 8 is cool and the features are awesome. I read a number of news everyday to get the final version date. But yet the same is not officially declared. I hope we can find that soon. Before that I think Microsoft is busy in releasing Surface tablet first. It is also on Windows 8. Somehow Microsoft claimed that this would be better than iPad.

So we can hope a rich product this time. I was expecting that Microsoft will come into tablet also. They will make a better device in comparison to other offering great possibilities. Nokia also planned to released some Windows 8 phone in future. So there would be a common interface released for each and every one.

Windows 8 is fine, but we are addicted to that simple desktop interface. Where icons are places and the start menu offering easy hard drive navigation. Somehow this might be a bit difficult in Windows 8 I think. But lets wait for the final version to wait back.