Thread: Photo Lens Search Feature in Ubuntu 12.10

Photo Lens Search Feature in Ubuntu 12.10

Though i am a Windows 7 user, i keep Linux/Ubuntu as secondary OS on my partition since years and keep it updating to latest version for testing and learning purpose . As of now, i am having Linux Mint on my D drive (C is W7), and planning to upgrade now again to the latest Ubuntu LTS 12.10. I keep watching its features on YouTube and loved some new features and interface. But today i read some where that there is a kind of feature introduced called "Photo Lens Search".

It sounds something different. Well, i know about the HUD feature of this OS where we can search any thing but what is Photo Lens Search ? Do you guys have any idea ? please share.

Re: Photo Lens Search Feature in Ubuntu 12.10

It is the same feature as HUD. With HUD you actually search any file or data on your local PC as well as on Internet. With the new Photo Lens Search Feature you will do the same thing but for images and photos. It also allows you to search images with their names, tags or EXIF data, and allows you to view them filtered.

It also have very good interface.

Quote Originally Posted by connoisseur View Post
    i know about the HUD feature of this OS where we can search any thing but what is Photo Lens Search ?
    The new Photo Lens introduced in Ubuntu 12.10 lets you search images in various ways on locally PC or online. If you search any image with its name, tag or EXIF it will also show you results from your online accounts including Facebook and Flickr.

I only have doubt if this new software is available for download separately. If it is, i'll surely like to install it on my Mint mate as well.

It it become popular in the linux users, it will surely come for download/install separately. But for that we need to wait and watch. As of now, they say it comes only pre-installed with Ubuntu 12.10.