Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

iCloud, photostream not working on Mountain Lion

Operating Systems

Old 16-08-2012

iCloud, photostream not working on Mountain Lion

iPhoto stream for iCloud is not working any more after upgrading to Mountain Lion. Currently I am having iPhoto '09 (v 8.1.2) installed and I donít think I should have any issue with it. I donít think I am missing out anything but will like to know if there is anything extra that I have to do to get it working. Help regarding this will be appreciative.

Old 16-08-2012

Re: iCloud, photostream not working on Mountain Lion

I will suggest you to go through the below steps and make sure that you havenít missed out anything.
  1. First configure icloud on your devices and Mac. Just make sure that you are using same iCloud account on your devices and Mac.
  2. Now go under settings menu and turn stream on under iCloud. After that open iPhoto on Mac and go to preferences > select photo stream>enable photo stream> Automatic Upload.
  3. If you want then you can enable automatic import as well but that will add all pictures that you will click directly to iCloud occupying more space. So thatís no recommended as apple gives only 5GB space for free. If you donít have any issue with that and you will like to save all the pictures that you click to iCloud then you can very well enable automatic import.
  4. Once you have completed the above steps then go inside iPhoto and select your account. You should make sure that you are logged in same iCloud account as that of your iOS devices (iPad,iPhone, iPod) and you are done
If at all you face any issue further then feel free to ask.
Old 17-08-2012

You have mentioned that you are having iPhoto '09 (v 8.1.2) installed, so I will like to inform you that version doesnít support Photo Stream. You will have to download and install iPhoto 9.3.2, you can get it from App Store. Once you get it you can follow the above mentioned steps for configuring it. iPhoto '11 is actually version 9 and it is the latest. If you have anything earlier than iPhoto 11 then Photo Stream will be missing after opening iPhoto. You can easily upgrade but itís not free. Like mentioned above you can get it from the Mac App Store.
Old 27-08-2012

Yes , You should update iPhoto '09 (v 8.1.2) because it doesn't support Mountain Lion. Download latest version of iPhoto from Apple store and configure it by following above described steps.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: ,