Thread: OS X Mountain Lion installation corrupted

OS X Mountain Lion installation corrupted

I was trying to install OS X Mountain Lion on my Mac Book Pro and after installation completed, I restarted my laptop. But to my disappointment, the OS X Mountain Lion installation was said to be corrupt on my laptop. I don’t know what to do in this case as I don’t use OS X Mountain Lion much. I don’t think this is as easy as Windows where we can just format the whole computer and install the operating system again. Please help me?

Re: OS X Mountain Lion installation corrupted

At first you should check hardware requirement for Mountain Lion. It can be installed on latest version of Snow Leopard or Lion.

Basic system requirements for OS X Mountain Lion:-
    * 64-Bit Intel Core 2 Duo processor or better required
    * Ability to boot into OS X 64-bit kernel
    * Advanced GPU chipset required
    * Internet connection required to download and install OS X 10.8

Follow these simple steps before installation :-

# Boot your system in safemode and see if it is working fine there
    # Try clearing caches, logs, binaries, widgets etc..
    # Try creating new account and check out if you are receiving same response there as well.

This is a common problem and many people have encountered it many times. It happens usually due to improper download of the installation files of the OS X Mountain Lion. While downloading it from internet, you must have interrupted the process or maybe some of the pieces of the files for OS X Mountain Lion mustn’t have downloaded properly. From my experience with OS X Mountain Lion, I will suggest you to install another working operating system in your laptop and download the OS X Mountain Lion again. This time make sure, the download goes right and then again re-install OS X Mountain Lion.

Some time it might happen that you might want to download the OS X Mountain Lion again for re-installation, but on the app store the download option for OS X Mountain Lion will be disabled and it will show you that you have already downloaded it. Also sometimes it will show you that you have it installed on your laptop and will not allow you to download it again. But this happens only if the Install app for OS X Mountain Lion is present on your laptop. I am trying to figure out how to remove this install app from my Macintosh for past two days but can’t do it. I fear that I might delete some other app too that might make my Macintosh work bad.

But this happens only if the Install app for OS X Mountain Lion is present on your laptop. I am trying to figure out how to remove this install app from my Macintosh for past two days but can’t do it.
    You can remove the install app by holding the option button down and then entering the Purchases tab. It is not linked to any other app and thus you can delete it without any fear. I know that since this Install app is related to operating system, many people fear to remove it. But once you have installed some other operating system on your computer, you can remove it then again download it from the app store if needed.