Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 14-08-2012

iPhone 4 wont sync with Mountain Lion

I am having iPhone 4 but I am not able to sync imessages between iPhone and imac running on Mountain Lion. I have tried using my phone# and Apple ID on my iPhone and have set up Apple ID for My imac. So according to this imessages should be shown in iPhone as well as imac if I send it from iPhone but that?s not working. I am not sure if I am missing out anything, is there anyone who can guide me to get it work??
Old 14-08-2012

Re: iPhone 4 wont sync with Mountain Lion

In that case I will like to inform you that iMessages sent using phone number will not get sync with Mountain Lion, it will need iOS 6 for that. There is still time for ios to get released and you will have to wait till then. If you want to see your imessages on iphone and mac then you can use your Apple ID. I also wanted to add that it will only show up if the imessage sent to you is from the user using Apple ID. If someone sends you imessage using their phone # then it won?t show up in phone number. Hope you understood where you are going wrong and doesn?t need any further clarification.
Old 16-08-2012

I just wanted to add if you were running Messgaes Beta under Lion before updating to Mountain Lion then won?t be able to get imessage sync working. If you want to get it working then you will have to first delete the Apple ID'd account which is not getting sync. You can delete the account from Messages/Preferences/Accounts. You just have to select the account from the sidebar and press minus sign for deleting it. Once you are done with the same then go to Library/Preferences folder which will be under Finder menu. Now under Preferences folder check out for the below file and simply drag them to trash. After that open Messages application and add your Apple ID account again and your all messages should sync properly without any issue.
Old 17-08-2012

This is what you all have to do guys to get your OS Devices like iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad sync with Mountain Lion:

Note: Make sure that you are setting up your devices with the same Apple ID

On ios device:
  • Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that Settings > Messages.
  • Now tap on Receive At , check out the Apple ID and kindly make a note of it
  • Now tap on Caller ID and use your email address - don?t use your phone number as it won?t work and you won?t see messages on mac

On Mac:
  • Open Messages app, Go to Preferences > Accounts and add the apple id that you had noted from your ios device.
  • If you still don?t find your messages getting synced then delete all older conversations and make sure that you have added your phone number to your Apple ID account online.
Old 17-08-2012

Even I am having syncing issue with my iphone and Mountain Lion but it?s not related to imessages and is related to notes. I have turned on notes in iCloud and have created @me address as well but it is still not getting synched. Has anyone faced the same issue? Any ideas where I might be going wrong?
Old 18-08-2012

I have faced exactly the same thing a couple of days ago but have got it working now. In my case even I am having .ME address, so below is exactly what you have to do to get it working.
  1. Just go to your IOS device and sign out iCloud and sign back in again. Just make sure that your Notes is turned on and you are rebooting the device after that.
  2. You should also perform sign in and out on your mac and reboot it after that as well.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,