Thread: MacBook Pro battery problems with Mountain Lion

MacBook Pro battery problems with Mountain Lion

I am Having Mountain Lion installed in MacBook Pro and it appears as if Lion is consuming more battery power, Once charged completely my MacBook Pro used to work for at least 6 hours but since installing MacBook Pro it is only lasting for less than 4 hours. I am carrying out the same tasks that I used to carry on osx lion previously, my laptop battery never got drained so quickly. I wanted to know if anyone else has faced the same or this issue is just in m y case??

Re: MacBook Pro battery problems with Mountain Lion

I haven’t faced that, I am having MacBook Pro 2011 and it is working quite well. I think there is something wrong in your case, have you checked energy saver settings? If not than go through it and see if you are able to get better battery life after making some possible changes in the setting. You should also make sure that you are charging your laptop battery fully, for checking Energy Saver setting go in to System Preferences > Energy Saver. Just go through it and let me know if you find that helpful.

That’s just not an issue in your case, I will like to inform you that many users have reported that Mountain Lion reduces battery life for Apple's portable Macs. People having MacBook, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air have started reporting the same to Apple support technicians. Some sites have carried out their test on new retina display MacBook Pro and have reported that it was lasting up to 8 hours when having osx lion installed, since installing Mountain Lion it just lasts for 5 hours. Mountain Lion is simply reducing 30 to 30 5 percent of battery life. Apple supports have just commented that they are working on it and will come up with an update on this issue soon. I don’t think there is anything you will be able to do from your site rather than waiting for them to do something from their end.

I agree to you on that point, even I have come across number of articles having title like “Mountain Lion may indeed degrade battery life” and “Mountain Lion May Be Hurting Your MacBook’s Battery Life “. They have clearly mentioned that Lion is reducing battery life of Apple's portable Macs up to 40 percent. Even I am disappointed with it, osx lion was quite stable as compared to Mountain Lion, Source’s say that apple is working on it and will distribute the fix via patch on the App Store after completion. I don’t know when the patch will get released but you can save some battery life by following below things:
    1. Repairing disk permissions and accessing control lists
    2. Reinstall Dropbox so that one can install application form any source
    3. Charging portable Macs fully

Yes OS X 10.8.1 betas are on the way for improving battery life of Apple's portable Macs that have got affected by Mountain Lion. There hasn’t been any official disclosure regarding OS X 10.8.1 beta but people having access to these pre-beta software have revealed that some minor bug and battery life issues will be addressed with it. Some people are already aware of this beta and are having expectation with it, let’s see what comes ahead. I don’t know when OS X 10.8.1 beta will be getting revealed and I have just shared things I have come across. I will add more as soon as I come across further information related to it.

Yes even I have come across OS X 10.8.1 beta:

Sources say that it will be available soon, 10.8.1 will be addressing number of issues which has been reported to apple support by users of Mountain Lion. I haven’t found much about what will all issues will be getting fixed with this update but as on priority I think battery life will get improved for sure.