Thread: Mountain Lion Restarting randomly

Mountain Lion Restarting randomly

I am having a macbook pro 2009 model. Recently upgraded to the new Mountain Lion. This system was working very good since i bought it 2 years ago but now, after installing Mountain Lion it started giving me problems. Everytime i start my system, it reboot for 8 to 12 times again and again. After this numbers, it works stable. Isn't it funny ? yes, but its frustrating too. Is there any one else faced such problem after upgrading mountain lion or is it just me ? I dont know how to fix this funny problem. Please help.

Re: Mountain Lion Restarting randomly

Well as per as i know, Mackbook Pro is compatible with Mountain Lion so there should be no such problem with the same. Are you sure your other system hardware meets the minimum requirement for Mountain lion ? Just re-check it from below listed:

• Mac OS X 10.6.8 or Newer
    • 2GB RAM
    • 8GB of HDD space
    • 64-Bit Intel Core 2 Duo or better processor
    • Advanced GPU chipset
    • Apple User ID
    • Broadband connection to download OS

At first you should check hardware requirement for installing Mountain Lion. It can be installed on latest version of Snow Leopard or Lion.

Basic system requirements for OS X Mountain Lion:-
    * 64-Bit Intel Core 2 Duo processor or better required
    * Ability to boot into OS X 64-bit kernel
    * Advanced GPU chipset required
    * Internet connection required to download and install OS X 10.8

Quote Originally Posted by Doran View Post
    Everytime i start my system, it reboot for 8 to 12 times again and again. After this numbers, it works stable.
    Hello Doran, did you tried booting your system in safe mode ? If not, do it and see if you facing the problem. Hope you know you need to press and hold SHIFT key just after the beep tone while restarting the system to boot in the safe mode. once you are in the system in safe mode, use it for about 10 to 15 minutes and see it restarts.

If there is no such problem than the problem can be with the drivers, and i doubt strongly for com.paceap.kext.pacesupport.snowleopard. This should be in your log as well. Check it.

You were right friend, my system was working completely fine in Safe mode. I guess the problem was with com.paceap.kext.pacesupport.snowleopard as you said. But as i was not having any info about this, i called Apple guys and made them talk with my hardware guy. According to their suggestion my guy did some changes and settings and now the problem is solved. Thanks for all your helps and suggestions.