Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 13-08-2012

Unable to upgrade Snow leopard to Mountain Lion

Hi, am having a very short query but important. As my titles suggests, I am having a desktop pc running with Snow leopard. Now after a month of Mountain Lion launch, i want to upgrade my system to the same. Whenever i vist Mac store and click on upgrade nothing happens.

Dont know what is wrong with my system. I have already tried doing it for more than 10 times. Can you guys help me out here ?
Old 13-08-2012

Re: Unable to upgrade Snow leopard to Mountain Lion

I was having exactly the same problem. My system was Snow Leopard and i was not able to get OS X ML. Finally after a lot work around, i found that in order to get to Mountain Lion my system must first have OS X Lion. I did the same and than upgraded to Mountain Lion. It worked for me, and will suggest you to go for the same.
Old 14-08-2012

Which version of snow Leopard you are using? You need latest version of Snow Leopard(10.6.8), if you don't have , upgrade it to install Mountain Lion. Mountain Lion can be installed on latest version of snow Leopard or Lion.
And yes one more thing, check the hardware/system requirment to install Mountain Lion.
Old 14-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph_techi View Post
Which version of snow Leopard you are using? You need latest version of Snow Leopard(10.6.8), if you don't have , upgrade it to install Mountain Lion. Mountain Lion can be installed on latest version of snow Leopard or Lion.
And yes one more thing, check the hardware/system requirement to install Mountain Lion.
Thats really helpful info. My system meets all the requirements for Mountain Lion, except this. I am running with 10.6.3 and this is the reason why am not able to get Mountain Lion. Well, i'll do it right now but can you guys tell me will it cost me anything or will i get it for free ? because obviously i have to pay for getting Mountain Lion and for this am going to upgrade my snow leopard which will be for just few hours until i update to mountain lion.
Old 22-08-2012

As far as i know, i thin yes you will need to buy it that may cost you about $30. But before that, as it will be useless to spend $30 for just few hours or for upgrading to Mountain Lion, i'll suggest you to call and aks apple guys for some suggestion or help. Who know if they understand your problem and wave off your cost for upgrading to 10.6.8. if you want, you can call up them on 1-800-692-7753 or 1-800-676-2775.
Old 27-08-2012

Yes, you will have to pay for it because it is the requirement of installation of Mountain Lion. Yes, you can ask Apple guys or visit site for more information.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: ,