Thread: OS X Mountain Lion ejects my USB itself

OS X Mountain Lion ejects my USB itself

I have installed Mountain Lion in my Macbook and I am facing a weird issue with it, I mean when I am connecting any of my usb devices then they are automatically getting ejected after some minutes. I have never come across such issue by now and I am not able to track out the cause of this issue. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Re: OS X Mountain Lion ejects my USB itself

Now that’s really weird, even I haven’t come across such an issue before. Anyways I wanted to know have you tried connecting your usb device to different ports? Have you inspected them in some other machine? Have you tried rebooting your mac book to see if that’s making any difference? Does it occur when you are having your Macbook connected to the ac adapter or it does the same without it as well?

If you haven’t checked out these things then check them up and let me know what you find for them. I need to know these things to understand your issue better and suggest you appropriate and effective solution for it.

Try out below things:

Reset System Management Controller (SMC):
    1. Turn off your macbook, disconnect it form power adapter if it is connected, take out the battery, press and hold the power button for 5 seconds and then release power button.
    2. After that reconnect battery, power adapter and press power button for turning on your macbook.

If that doesn’t help then try out doing PRAM and NVRAM reset.

Resetting PRAM and NVRAM:
    1. Turn off your macbook and turn it on, while it is turning on Press and hold Command-Option-P-R keys simultaneously before you get the gray screen.
    2. Make sure that you are holding all the keys until the computer turn on and you hear startup sound twice.
    3. Once you hear startup sound for the second time just release the key and let your macbook boot normally.

If you don’t get any help from these solution then there might be some serious issue going on with your usb port and you will have to get it checked.

I think that your usb driver needs to be updated, just check out and make sure that you have downloaded all the latest update for your Macbook. You can try installing latest driver for your usb manually and see if you are having any luck with it. if at all you face the same issue again then as suggested you should visit the nearest service center to get your Macbook checked.

You should reboot your Mac and then connect USB. It might be not connected properly. Let me know.