Thread: Intel Turbo Boost won’t work with Windows 8

Intel Turbo Boost won’t work with Windows 8

I am having a Lenovo ThinkPad W Series laptop running on windows 8 preview , today I have installed turbo boost technology monitor - version 2.6 on the same but it is not running. I don’t know what’s wrong with the same, I did not had any issue with the installation of it but since installing it when I am trying to run it then I get a message saying “stopped working” any ideas what might be wrong?

Re: Intel Turbo Boost won’t work with Windows 8

I have used turbo boost technology monitor - version 2.6 on windows 7 but I have not yet tried it out on windows 8 preview. Anyways I think it should work fine on windows 8 as well, I just wanted to know if you have enabled turbo boost in the bios? If not then check out the same and make sure that it is enabled.

If you are having it enabled already and you are still getting the same response then you can try out uninstalling and reinstalling. First check these things out and free to ask if you face any issues further.

I had tried uninstalling and reinstalling it several times but that wasn’t making any difference in my case.; I still get the same message saying “stopped working” every time. For now I have checked out in the bios and have found turbo boost to be enabled there so I don’t think there’s something else that is not allowing it to run. Is there anything that I can do about it further?? Even I have used it on windows 7 and I did not had any issue there but it seems as if it is not compatible with windows 8, what do you think about the same??

Even I think the same, as far as further workaround is concerned you can try out updating the bios of your system and reinstall turbo boost. If you are lucky then you should get it working, if it doesn’t work then I don’t think there is anything you will be able to try for now as windows 8 preview is not an official version. Anyways best of luck, do let me know if you get it working after updating the bios or after trying out some other solution.