Thread: Microsoft disabled all Windows Gadget in Vista and 7

Microsoft disabled all Windows Gadget in Vista and 7

Just saw in news that Microsoft decided to remove Windows Gadget support from Vista and 7. This are the widgets that you see on the desktop after installation. Called as Sidebar there were number of different things you can insert in it. Like a Weather app, or Clock. To some extent this will reduce the ram usage and make Windows more comfortable to use.

It looks Microsoft is bit serious about Windows performance and trying to improve the same in more better. But is this is going to put any better impressions on Windows upcoming system.

Re: Microsoft disabled all Windows Gadget in Vista and 7

That you can do manually also. In control panel you can find the settings for the same. I think this is not going to put any great effort. People normally use a number of widgets from third party sources. What I want that Microsoft must improve Windows performance making it more better for longer use.

You guys are not aware that Microsoft is sending a update which will disable that. It means that from now onwards you cannot use those desktop widget. To some extent this is not due to performance issue, it is because of some vulneribilties which is not yet disclosed by Microsoft. So you can just understand that this is being done as per some preventive measure for all user. I am sure maximum of new never use a desktop widget.

It is a bit irritating. And those who love to decorate their desktop use tons of third party tool from web. Desktop widgets are not system intensive. They are just some decorative items on your screen giving it a different look. Somehow this is a indication of advance operating system. Now if they are removed there will be no boost to performance. You have to check properly about your system usage.

There can be some app which is making it slow. And regular update on the same hand keeps your system secure from number issues. I had checked in news that Microsoft has released some type of updates to disable all the desktop items.

It can be some kind of serious issue because of which Microsoft is disabling the desktop widget. This is are just tiny things. Does anyone get extract of that news which the guy is talking above. I think it can give us a much better output on the update.

Security vulnerabilities are some of the most common thing that you can find in Windows. There will be rare case when you receive any kind of update. I had seen that news and according to that the update which is delivered will remove Windows Sidebars and Gadget. This will affect both Windows 7 and Vista. The news says that there is some security hole. Then does it means we were using that on risk. This was never notified before and people are using Vista and Seven from long time. I hope this was at least detected and will be removed. The new clearly showed that with the vulnerability your system files can accessed. But there is no indication what was it.

It was a virus or some kind of malicious code or some third party widget app which works on Sidebar. I hope there will be better fixes. For staying on the secure side, you must keep your system upto date and also get a nice antivirus program. Do not rely on free version or trail tools. They are not too stable and secure.

That is not a serious matter. I thought this is something different Microsoft is doing. But good know that they took a step to secure the users to some extent. By this way this news is of no worth for those you are still engaged in pirated software usage. They are almost on the edge of attack.

It does not look like some kind of big issue. Gadgets are used on Windows from long time. If we do not use Windows Sidebar then we have other third party docking option. This are then vulnerable too. Another thing, now Windows 8 appeared with Metro UI which is entirely a different interface. I do not know what happen to explorer.exe.

But when I tested the consumer preview I noticed that this is a bit more resource intensive. Windows 8 needs a good amount of ram and it will not work on traditional pc. I am sure when Microsoft will release the final version we can hope for a much better operating system. Windows is widely used and so it is more vulnerable. There are chances when you notice a jammed system which is not responding at all. This is the most common issue that people face.

This is not something new and worth for worrying. If there is security bug Microsoft will provide a proper update to fix the same. You just need to ensure that you keep on updating. Next time do not get shocked if your desktop clock disappeared.

I found that Windows 8 Metro UI is very lite and you can simply use scripting language like HTML5, CSS3 or Javascript to make your own desktop widget. It looks Microsoft is more concentrating on Metro UI this time. It is better to ignore what is going with Windows Seven or Vista. This operating system are no outdated. Surely in future there would be tweaks where we can make Windows 8 more similar to Windows 7. Yet I had seen people are not comfortable with Windows 8 interface. Lets see what security support we are going to get on that.

Is it really important for Microsoft to design desktop elements for Windows. Can't we live without that. I do not use any widget on my screen making as simple as I can. Because it makes my system too slow.