| || |
Join Date: Feb 2012
Re: How to install mountain lion 10.8 on different macbook's
It’s a simple process!!
Creating a mountain lion 10.8 bootable disc or thumb drive:
- First make sure that you have downloaded the latest version of the Mountain Lion installer from the Mac App Store and look out for OS X Mountain Lion.app in Applications folder. When you get it then Right-click on Mountain Lion.app and click on “Show Package Contents”
- Now open Contents > Shared Support > and you should see disk image file called InstallESD.dmg.
- Once you confirm its there then just Launch Disk Utility and darg that file In Disk Utility’s sidebar, when it gets loaded in the sidebar then select InstallESD.dmg and click on Open button for mounting the disk image’s volume.
- When InstallESD.dmg gets mounted you will see volume called “Mac OS X Install ESD”. Now Select “Mac OS X Install ESD” in Disk, click on Restore, Drag “Mac OS X Install ESD” in Source field and select flash drive in “destination drive” (Make sure that you have formatted the drive properly before using it) and click on Restore again.
- You might be prompted for admin username and password so after entering it the process will get started and will end within 10 minutes.
At the end of the process you will be having a mountain lion 10.8 bootable thumb drive and you can use the same for installing lion 10.8 on you other Mac’s
If you want then you can try using Carbon Copy Cloner Version 3.5 or later as well it is a good clone-backup utility and can be used for creating a bootable install drive as well.