Thread: macbook pro which is running on osx mountain lion 10.8 shuts down randomly

macbook pro which is running on osx mountain lion 10.8 shuts down randomly

Hi, i am having a 17inch Macbook pro running with the latest Mountain Lion 10.8 OS X. The system is actually new, bought it just 2 weeks ago. Now the problem am facing from last couple of days is my laptop shut down itself. There is no any particular reason or time when it shut down. It happens whenever the laptop wants. I tried to find out the reason for the same but dint noticed any particular reason. There is no overheating problems or power problem. Also i dont think there will be any battery problem because the laptop is new, as i said above. Can you guys please help me for the same ?

Re: macbook pro which is running on osx mountain lion 10.8 shuts down randomly

Quote Originally Posted by Sokanon View Post
    Also i dont think there will be any battery problem because the laptop is new, as i said above. Can you guys please help me for the same ?
    For me its first time i heard such problems with probably a new Macbook Pro. The only reason that comes to my mind according to the situation is invalid entries on your Macbook's RAM. If many invalid entries gets stored on RAM, laptops start behaving like this. In such cases you should do PRAM reset. It will help you fixing the problem.

Other than this can you define bit more about the problem like does it happens when you plug it or only while plugged or in normal mode (when running on battery) as well ? Reply back with this and till than you can also check this for more info Mac Pro shuts down suddenly