Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Automatic updates don't work in Windows to Go

Operating Systems

Old 14-07-2012

Automatic updates don't work in Windows to Go

Can anyone help me out in updating my windows system with windows To Go? Whenever I try to do windows update it doesn?t happens in my USB windows to Go. Let me tell you that I try do windows update using my Administrator account but looks like there is something wrong with windows to go.

Anyways as I am not an technical expert I haven?t try out anything special yet but yes, tried manual checking of the updates but still I am getting certain error messages. The error message says that, Windows could not search for new updates. Is there anyone who is aware of this problem?

Old 14-07-2012

Re: Automatic updates don't work in Windows to Go

Yes, I am well aware of this issue as even I am getting the same problem. Even I have windows 8 consumer preview stored into a USB drive through Windows to Go. After the installation whenever I try to get the update (both automatically and manually) I get number of errors with an error code too. The error message: ?There was a problem checking for updates? and the error code: ?80070005, Windows ran into a problem?.

I thought there might be something wrong with the windows to go or the USB drive so therefore I also installed windows 8 Consumer Preview into a USB external drive. When tried the windows update, the external drive was actually able to get the updates without any problem. when again tried with the USB drive the updates were again failing into it.
Old 14-07-2012

As far as I know Windows To Go feature has been introduced for windows 8 but still Microsoft haven?t specified the version of windows 8 that would be compatible to get install in an USB drive. I don?t think windows 8 Consumer Preview has yet come up for windows to go. Even if it get install easily into the USB drive I don?t think you can update or reset or do and navigation from the external source. This is why you are not able to do windows update into your USB drive. It would be better suggested to wait for the release preview.
Old 14-07-2012

I am not sure how much it will help you but I would like to give you an advice. If you wanted to get windows update successfully make sure that your USB drive is displayed as Fixed Media. If its shown as Removable Media try to convert it into Fixed Media.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,