Thread: I am unable to install .net 3.5 on windows 8

I am unable to install .net 3.5 on windows 8

After I installed windows 8 into my machine doing a lot struggle when I tried to open any application I found that it actually required .net 3.5 to run. Now to be frank I have no idea about .net 3.5, I really don’t know from where exactly I should get it into my computer. One or two app requiring .net 3.5 wouldn’t have mattered much to me but there are huge number of apps and software that need .net 3.5 to run and therefore I am forced to think about it now. Please guys if someone have any idea bout installing .net 3.5 into my windows 8 machines then please let me know.

Re: I am unable to install .net 3.5 on windows 8

Yes you can easily get it into your computer my friend. As far as I remember you need not have to buy it or browser internet in order to get it into your machine. If you explore your computer you might get the .NET Framework 3.5 from the “Add and Remove” programs. There you can install and update it successfully. But make sure that you have internet connection enabled in your machine, only then you will be able to update .NET Framework 3.5. Before starting the procedure I would suggest you to first connect to internet and then install it. Hope this might help you.

Hey it would be much better if you help me with the complete proper steps. Until now i followed the steps exactly as you explained but it seems like the steps are not falling in the proper way because whenever I try to connect to the internet and navigate to the path that you mentioned I end up getting an error. I am not getting any error message or something instead I am getting an error code which is obviously not understandable at all. The error code is: 0x800F081F. if possible either you explain me the procedure step by step or help me with some other new trick to install .NET Framework 3.5. do reply as soon as possible.

I have something interesting to share with you. if you are finding it difficult to install .NET Framework 3.5 from Add and Remove programs or if you are getting any sort of error with the above given procedure then better try your hands with my suggestion. Its just a two steps procedure:
    You need to install .NET Framework 3.5 using DISM and for that you need to use Cmd. Exe from your admin account:

• Start > Run > Cmd.exe
    • Now paste the following command directly in your cmd: dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /Source:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess
    • Make sure that you replace one thing from the command, replace D: with your DVD drive/USB thumb drive or replace it with virtual ISO drive.

Below is the step by steps explanation of installing and updating .NET Framework from Add and Remove program window.
    • Go to Start
    • Control Panel
    • Programs
    • Programs Features
    • There you will get “Uninstall or Change a program” and just below it there will a long list of programs listed.
    • At the extreme left side you will see an option called “Turn windows feature on or off”. Just click on that option
    • Another window will be opened, within that windows check the option “.NET Framework 3.5”. When you check the option .NET Framework will be enabled.
    • Now connect your computer with internet and update it by click .NET Framework from the listed programs.