Thread: Can upcoming Firefox Mobile OS beat Android

Can upcoming Firefox Mobile OS beat Android

Mozilla to enters now in mobile os market providing a another featured mobile operating system. I am not sure how much this can help Mozilla but are they capable of beating Android. With tons of free app, better interface, etc Android has created a series of affordable smartphones. I remember some years before it was not possible to buy a good smartphone for Rs.15K also. What we have is default audio/video player and slow net surfing. But after android things have changed a lot. I own a phone which has exchange mail support, answering machine, social networking support, etc. I can buy any regular 3G plan and enjoy all features for entire month.

Does anyone knows what Mozilla is planing. I had not seen this type of applications and if this os is entirely based on Firefox, then it can be costlier for us as there are frequent updates released every time.

Re: Can upcoming Firefox Mobile OS beat Android

I had noticed the same. Firefox has many updates and that can consume your internet plan. But same is application for Android also. What I liked about Android is, it is smooth operating system with rich applications. I hope Mozilla can make something similar to that.

It is actually a bold step taken by Mozilla to release mobile os in such a competitive environment. We will soon see Windows 8 phone os, surface tablets, mini ipad, etc. And is this era Mozilla needs something powerful to makes its own place. What I know, whatever application or plugins which will be provided in Firefox OS will be flashed based. They might tie up with some mobile company to released Mozilla specific products only. This OS is not like Android which you can root.

It is necessary that Mozilla must surprise us. Because people are having a very wide option today to buy phone, among which Android lies on the top list. I had seen some news based on this. According to the news, this will be some kind of web based os. So there can be cloud storage support, ,Mozilla app store, etc type features. And Firefox browser will be the default to use you web surfing stuff. Will this support cross platform browsers like opera, uc browser, ie, etc. I think no. I hope Mozilla is not going to release that with costly price. People choices are increasing and they demand for better interface after Android came into existence. What Mozilla can give you is more internet based support.

They might be trying to something unique. A firefox mobile os is worth trying. I hope they should do more than web surfing and add-ons. Recently there was news that Mozilla is going to start its own web store. I hope there will be ample of plugins available in that.

You must go on Google news and reach articles on the upcoming Mozilla mobile os. What I found is, Mozilla is trying to create a mobile os which will mostly work on online and offline mode. Like you install a application or game in Android. When you run them consume your phone battery. So that is the reason why we get poor performance on our devices.

To overcome that, Mozilla is trying to make a os which will use its own web based memory to initiate function. That does not means you have to stay online forever. They said it will work offline also. So in-short it is like you are playing games on a cloud server. Mozilla might be trying to do something similar to that. If we consider as a positive point, then you can assume to get a much better battery performance. Yet there are no model available nor any phone has announced. I hope Mozilla will soon provide phone specification so that we can get a glimpse of what is going to happen. Mozilla Marketplace is another thing that we have to check.

The performance of the amount applications all this matters. As it is a new platform it might take time to flourish. But before Android, iOS, Windows Phone OS, etc this will be tougher.

Mozilla might be designing this phone on the basis of users web requirement. Today we are more connected. We are on facebook, twitter, etc. So I hope there will be better sharing options configured.

Many says that this operating system will better than Android. I do not know in what sense this is possible. Android is different. What I like about it is smooth interface and rich app support. Mozilla can mostly offer you html5 apps which is still a dream. There is full fledged app market yet available. And what about the web threats. Atleast on Android big antivirus companies are working to give the best antivirus. While on Firefox OS when everything is web based, we need to take from vulnerabilities. Smartphones are becoming more common today and there are options that in future buying from mobile will be easy.

You can simply carry your cash in your phone. If you see Android specs then it also support HTML5 apps. I hope Mozilla can add some kind of stuff through which you can run apk files on it. That means playing android games on Mozilla OS. Then that can give a boom to this operating system. As I had notice ample of people are quiet not happy with that malware warning, which is rising on Android platform. Firefox OS can be considered as secure but that can be confirmed only by using it.

There is no feature list on web. I just found that firefox os is different and they give you a marketplace to download apps. I tried to location the marketplace, but that too is not yet started.

Mozilla will give a budget phone. First what is a budget phone. We had already a great range of affordable phone in Android and Nokia already. Phone like Samsung Galaxy or Intel Xolo are out of league.

There are ample of models in Nokia and Sony. What matters is features and support because of which Android is so popular today. It has taken a very wide space today and expanding. More new version of Android is more better.

We can give a try to Mozilla OS. Because unless it is not tested, you cannot determine what it actually has. It is better to wait for some models which releases under this operating system.