Thread: Windows 8 Release Preview Crash

Windows 8 Release Preview Crash

In a simple language I would like to say that my computer is crashing with Windows 8 Release Preview. I never had this problem with windows 8 Consumer preview of any of the previously installed windows 8 version. I am a loyal windows user from past 5 years and let me tell you that until now I never faced any issue while installing either the OS or the updates in my computer. But when yesterday night while I was installed Windows 8 Release Preview in between the installation I noticed that everything was stopped. Now the problem is that I am able to install neither this Release Preview nor any other previous version. if I try to install the OS I simply get the following error: the exception unknown software exception (0xc0000409) occurred in the application at location 0x00fb924b. Check on OK to terminate the program. What should I do? Please help.

Re: Windows 8 Release Preview Crash

Yeah, there is something wrong with the released windows 8 Release Preview. There are other people too who are getting this error message. I am sure Microsoft would soon come up with a solution for this problem. Anyways as I feel that his error is quite familiar you can try to check your RAM. I mean, if you are facing a complete system crashing issue then there might be something wrong with the RAM. Just check it out.

You can also try VHD i.e. Virtual Hard Disk for installing and booting with windows 8 Consumer preview. This might at least help you to stay with windows 8 version. use this option only if you find nothing working in your machine and wanted to however get windows 8 into it.

There is something from my side to tell you all whoever facing this problem. Firstly let me tell you that if you believe that you can perform a clean install with windows 7 upgrade disk then you are totally wrong, you can do that. If you wanted to install windows 8 Release Preview into your machine then do what I state here:

• Make sure that you choose another brand new partition for installing the upgraded version
    • Or you can also prefer to do a clean format of your hard drive and then install windows 8 Release Preview
    • Do not enter the product key during the installation. You can enter it after the completion of installation

The best thing I would suggest to do is try running it as a virtual machine. The best thing by doing this is that your testing will not more depend upon the hardware of your machine. Installing the release preview as a virtual machine will completely be safe and also protect your computer hardware. Once you are done with the preview thing you can also delete the virtual machine. If you want I will let you know the list on which you can run windows 8. They are Hyper-V, VMWare, and Virtual Box.

Looks like nothing is going to help the user in installing windows 8 RP into their machine. After knowing about the virtual machine suggestion I tried to set up a virtual machine on my computer’s D drive in order to run windows 8 RP. Before proceeding let me tell you that in my computer D drive is accessible via C drive. Now running the release preview on virtual machine end up with lots of problem and issues, I am getting errors with procedure. i don’t want anything installed into my system, I am happy with the existing windows 7 OS. From the time I did this I am unable to access D drive normally.

Until now the only think suggested to me is to install windows Vista and then upgrade it to Windows 7. In short I am suggested to stay with windows 7 and not to try out Release Preview.