Thread: When Mozilla Firefox Mobile OS is releasing

When Mozilla Firefox Mobile OS is releasing

I was shock to find in a mail that soon Firefox OS is coming for smartphone. When I searched this on Google I found a similar news on Times of India. According to that Mozilla is too planing to release a operating system for smartphone. Firefox is popular web browser. Mozilla plans now to turn it browser to an full operating system for smartphones. Do you think Firefox operating system can stand Android, Windows or iOS devices. We are having ample of featured mobile os today. Among them Android is the most loved one. But still Firefox OS will have to compete with Nokia, Blackberry, etc OS. I do not understand what new they can add. And if someone buys phone with Firefox OS can he switch to other as per his need.

Re: When Mozilla Firefox Mobile OS is releasing

There is no phone or tablet in the market yet, which can help you to switch from one operating system to another. So if someone even buys this phone they have to stay stick with it. You might have notice that recently Mozilla has launched its own web store. That means you are going to get all Firefox plugins work in the form of os now. It is right that Firefox OS will get a very tight competition from other brand in the market and among them Android is the biggest one.

I am quiet sure Firefox OS cannot beat Android in many stuff. I was trying to find any dummy interface of the same on web but there is nothing yet showed. It is just a news and Mozilla will need time to decide how the OS will be. What I know mostly that Firefox OS will be a complete webos. It will be filled with features to surf on web and run Firefox plugins. Yet Chrome is has not taken place of mobile operating system. In place of that Google preferred to go with Android. I am sure Mozilla will either tie up with some smartphone company or will go with some in-house products. We will need to wait and watch until when Mozilla will finally announce the OS.

That looks bit odd to me. Firefox is a good browser and how that will be a os. I hope this is going to some good interface. Till the time Firefox OS will appear, Google might have released for version of Android.

If you go on blog.Mozilla.org you can find the information related to this new OS. According to that Mozilla's new Firefox OS will be provided on devices that will be manufactured by TCL & ZTE. So there are some smartphones coming soon with Firefox OS. What I found after reading that blog is the new OS will be based on HTML5. I had seen already news for Android that the coming version will not support Flash but will give more important to HTML5.

So the future of web or mobile app can be this language. HTML5 offers rich media apps with better experience. Firefox OS is already ahead on that. With complete HTML5 support this phone will give rich interface and web experience. Rightnow Mozilla might be working on a better interface that can stand against android phones. I hope there will be major changes in the phone that can attract users worldwide. Mozilla aims to give better web experience on such phones. As they are primarily dealing with web browser so they might give a OS that can provide more surfing abilities and simple plugins.

I think this will be on low range phones. I am sure higher range smartphones will either on Android or iOS. Because they are more demanding. A OS includes many things which begins from user interface to app compatibility, etc.

I am sure that Firefox OS will land in very tight competition. One side phones from low to high range are occupied by Android, second Apple has his own special devices and OS and third branded companies like Nokia are switching to Windows phone OS. In this market Firefox OS needs to have some unique features. First of all it is not possible for all to afford a costly phones. So the open market lies is low to mid range phone where still HTC and Samsung rules. Firefox OS needs such devices that can compete with them.

This comes with better interface, smooth performance, multi-tasking features, web support, etc. If Firefox OS has only web based rich features than I think the phones will with OS will not be much appreciated. Still in many places people carry smartphone for multimedia and gaming purpose. Internet stuff comes the next option. People are always excited about games, free applications and interface. No one can beat Apple devices in that. But they are different product which needs more payment. That is the reason they are avoided by many. But Android has given a distinct look to them. They can now afford a good phone at their needed budget.

The OS has not yet developed. And the results can only be concluded when atleast there is one version out in market. The success of Firefox OS also depends on other factors. Like after release which brand will come ahead to adopt it for their devices.

There are some images on web of Firefox OS. Just search Firefox OS in Google images. I am not sure those are real image but they give you a glimpse of its interface. It does not looks great compared to current os we have with us. It looks that a new OS themed with Firefox colors. Yet Mozilla has not declared the right features. If once they are out we can conclude more in detail that we should or we should not go for the same. There would be ample of rumors also. But one thing which is necessary to understand is that this OS will have HTML5 rich content. This will give it a good start. It is important that Mozilla can learn about the needs of people. What they are actually looking for. One thing we can assume that Firefox OS will be rich in web content. You do not need get worried about the web videos file or sites that may or may not work.

Quote Originally Posted by Namuchi View Post
    Yet Mozilla has not declared the right features. If once they are out we can conclude more in detail that we should or we should not go for the same. There would be ample of rumors also. But one thing which is necessary to understand is that this OS will have HTML5 rich content. This will give it a good start.
    Yes one thing that we can assume that the operating system will be rich in web features. I had heard that the Google might also provide the new Android OS with HTML5 support.