Thread: Korean and Chinese fonts wont display in Windows 7

Korean and Chinese fonts wont display in Windows 7

Due to some reason i required to do a fresh install of my Windows 7 ultimate yesterday. I installed all required apps and configured settings, everything works fine but as my title says, am getting problem with korean and chinese fonts on my newly installed system. In my work i need to visit websites in various languages. But since i re-installed, noone of korean or Chinese sites displaying properly. All i can see is just boxes.

I tried various settings as mentioned on some sites including regional settings but noone of them worked. FYI, this computer was running with the same Windows 7 copy since year and was working fine, but the problem started since i re-installed my system from the same installation disk yesterday. Could you guys please help me out fixing the font problem ? Thanks in advance.

Re: Korean and Chinese fonts wont display in Windows 7

Well its completely the problem with language pack. I think there is no Korean and Chinese fonts installed on your system. So in order to fix the same, you just need to install the same. You can download it manuall from web but go with windows update. Just turn of Windows Updates, let it scan for the available updates. once it is done, just scroll and select language packs you need and install them. If you have good bandwith internet than better install the entire updates available.

Quote Originally Posted by shikhar View Post
    Well its completely the problem with language pack. I think there is no Korean and Chinese fonts installed on your system. So in order to fix the same, you just need to install the same. You can download it manuall from web but go with windows update. Just turn of Windows Updates, let it scan for the available updates. once it is done, just scroll and select language packs you need and install them. If you have good bandwith internet than better install the entire updates available.
    I dont think Windows 7 requires you to install Chinese fonts manually. it should be there by default in Windows 7 and Vista. You just dont require any Language Packs or MUI bundles for displaying Chinese language in W7.Anyways, did you tried enabling East Asian languages ? To do this, just go to Start and click Control Panel. Now locate and click Regional and Language Options and check mark Install files for East Asian languages. Thats it.

Thanks for the info Phalguni88. It really helped me to visit the chinese and korean websites. But the problem is not solved completely yet. I mean, though i can see the chinese fonts in Word 2007 and browsers now on this system, but what about my notepad++ ?

Whenever i copy any sentence or words from chinese websites to my notepad++, it just displays boxes and not the actual fonts. i dont think it is taking the system fonts in Notepad++. Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by Biboswan View Post
    Whenever i copy any sentence or words from chinese websites to my notepad++, it just displays boxes and not the actual fonts. i dont think it is taking the system fonts in Notepad++. Please help.
    Notepad is really one of the best text editor i have ever used. Anyways, you can get chinese fonts visible in Notepadd++ too by simply going to save as and changing document type to unicode while saving. This will show you the chinese fonts.