Thread: How to fix Gnome Slackbuild Installation Error

How to fix Gnome Slackbuild Installation Error

I need help to get rid of Gnome Slackbuild installation error. I am trying to install this an not yet succeeded. I had installed and face error. Although my system looks quiet compatible with Linux tools. I have around 2GB of ram with a dual core cpu. I had tested some Linux distro like ubuntu on this which worked fine and does not provided any issue. But when I started working with Gnome Slackbuild, the installation does not work at all. First I am a novice user, so cannot provide you much detail about the error. All I know that this is not working. I love to work on Linux. I also live to test number for new stuff in Linux for learning purpose. I tried a number of different options which where provided on different Linux forums, but that too does not work. I am trying to install that based on a article. I did the exact steps mentioned. I am not able to figure out what wrong I did.

Re: How to fix Gnome Slackbuild Installation Error

Run some updates before doing that. There might some missing files which are causing the issue. I will recommend you to follow slackbuild wiki which will guide you for the entire and proper steps.

If you are new to Linux then there might be some issue with installation steps. It is right that you can go through a the wiki to found exact steps and files which are needed for running this module. Slackware is quiet easy to use in my views. But there are something stuff that you need to learn. First there is great difference between Slackware and other Linux distro. It is quiet simple, but that does not means it is easy to learn. There are some things that are quiet complicated to explain. Installing non Slackware tools on it is not easy and you might face that error most commonly. It much easy if you try to install native apps, there are rare errors. As gnome not actually belongs to Slackware platform there are changes that certain dependencies might not be compatible. You have to find the right files for it. Try to find the same from Slackware repository and then re-install it back. It will surely work.

There is a page which offers you detailed information on using Gnome Slackbuild code. So for that first you need to understand all the instructions. It is found that the installation of same work fine on Slackware 13.1. For a quick help you start making your own gnome desktop with the help of Gnome Slackbuild. For that you need to check the source code. You have to find the right repository for correct source code. Also one more thing that I want to highlight is needed disk space. Just ensure that your system has enough disk space for the files. It is assumed that you need more than 1Gb of empty space to get all the files properly downloaded on your disk. Also there are certain packages that are needed to build machine. For that you need to ensure that you find all the require packages. Also some of then are needed when you actually use this. Along with that you have to check that your Slackware is updated with most latest available patch.