Thread: Attachments in Mail.app corrupted after upgrading to Mac OS X 10.7.4

Attachments in Mail.app corrupted after upgrading to Mac OS X 10.7.4

Last week i upgraded my Snow leopard to OS X lion. I really like the new interface and other features of this new operating system. Everything is working good except the Apple mail.app. Since the upgrade it started corrupting JPG and PDF attachments every time and I am not able to save the attachment in the 'Sent' folder. Is it due to any mistake while doing the up gradation ? I have been looking after a solution for the same in some other forums as well but dint found any effective solution. Can you guys help me out for the same ?

Re: Attachments in Mail.app corrupted after upgrading to Mac OS X 10.7.4

I just wanted to know that have you tried out rebuilding all mailboxes ? If not then try out the same and then let me know if it is helping. And if that does not works than try out deleting and recreating all email accounts as well. There are possibilities that your e-mail server might have got changed when you upgraded to Lion. So make sure that is not the reason behind this problem. Just check out the things suggested above and then post back what you find so that I can have a better idea of the issue you are facing and will try to help you with the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Suri Paaji View Post
    I just wanted to know that have you tried out rebuilding all mailboxes ? If not then try out the same and then let me know if it is helping. And if that does not works than try out deleting and recreating all email accounts as well. There are possibilities that your e-mail server might have got changed when you upgraded to Lion. So make sure that is not the reason behind this problem. Just check out the things suggested above and then post back what you find so that I can have a better idea of the issue you are facing and will try to help you with the same.
    I tried rebuilding all mailboxes, also tried deleting and recreating all email accounts as well but still getting the same problem. I also tried turning 'keep copies of all emails attachments' on and off which did not made any difference like the other solution that you have suggested.

About the email e-mail server, i dont think it might have got changed while upgrading because I have been using the same email accounts from a long time and I had never faced any such issue before. I guess that the issue is with the IMAP as well as the POP3 email servers and the issue has started after upgrading to Mac OS X 10.7.4. Other than this I have also found that when I am adding the attachment as content with no text in the body then It is saving fine but then when I am adding a single line in the body of the attachment then the attachment is reported as corrupted. What should i do now ?

Are you very sure that your e-mail server is not changed ? I will still suggest you to better check out using lion with some other ISPs and see if it is getting solved or not. BTW, is it occurring with some specific attachments or with all attachments in the mail ?

If it is with just few particular attachments then just check out the extension of those attachment.

I am sure that there is no issue with the mail server as I am having two ISP's and two email accounts. They are just independent of each other, I have tested put the mail.app on both and getting the same problem. Earlier while using the Snow Leopard Mail.app with the same ISP and mail account, I dint faced any such error. And as you said, I found that the issue is with jpg, png, bmp, gif extension attachment and not with others like PDF, doc, rtf, xls, zip or tar. What do you think about this? What can be the possible cause of this issue?

I think that there is something wrong with the mail.app itself or with the upgraded OS on my system. I have also contacted the apple support for the same, waiting for their response. Lets see what they suggest here.

Well, you are not alone with this problem buddy. There are many more users with the same problem, including me. In my case, my mail is hosted on Gmail and after upgrading to lion I have found that the emails that I was having earlier in the Mail.app seems to be corrupted. But when I open my Gmail on Web with any browser, they seems to be fine. So its clear that the problem is with the mail.app and not with the attachments or ISPs.