Thread: How to Protect Windows 8 from malware

How to Protect Windows 8 from malware

Hi friends. I am looking forward to install an antivirus for Windows 8 computer. Untill now i was using Microsoft Security Essentials on my Windows 7 system but now after installing Windows 8 consumer Preview I am not able to find any kind of updates on Microsoft Security Essentials. I guess it is not for windows 8.

So I would like to know if anyone knows any kind of Antivirus which can be used in Windows 8 please let me know as well.

Re: How to Protect Windows 8 from malware

I think Windows Defender would be the best antivirus for your Windows 8 as it has almost same interface and features as Microsoft Security Essentials has. You can get this by simply searching for Windows Defender in start menu of Windows 8. You will have to do few small setting and it will be activated on your computer.

But let me tell you very clearly that if you are looking forward to go for any other antivirus you will have to first check if that antivirus is compatible with Windows 8. As there are many antivirus which are not yet compatible with Windows 8. Better check their system requirements before buying.

To check which all antivirus are supported in Windows 8 just check out this link. Hope this helps you out.

Re: How to Protect Windows 8 from malware

There are many built-in features in Windows 8 to protect from malware such as ASLR that stands for Address Space Layout Randomization. This actually prevent attacks using the data and codes of the source. It can also prevent Windows heap and IE. And as the above user has mentioned about Windows Defender, it is also a good antivirus for your system. Infact Windows Defender is now much improved. Windows 8 has also improved the Internet Explorer’s SmartScreen filter which does remove the URL based malware.