Thread: after updating OS X to 10.7.4 getting kernel errors

after updating OS X to 10.7.4 getting kernel errors

I have two Apple systems present at my place, one is iMac and another is Macbook pro 2011. Recently I updated both my systems with a new Mac OS X version 10.7.4 but then after the update I started getting some problem. Seems like I am getting a kernel error within the console log, before the update everything was working fine without any trouble and also as far as I know I did no mistake while upgrading the OS X version.

Forget to tell one thing, the problem is not with the Macbook pro 2011. It is working well and fine even after the same update. I updated both the system at the same time following the similar procedure but don’t know for what reason Macbook pro did well but iMac stuck with such kernel errors. Is there anyone who is having this similar machine and tried to update it with OS X to 10.7.4? Just let me know how exactly your machine is running now. Is it fine or showing the same kernel errors as mine? It would be much better if someone at least let me know what exactly is causing this problem.

Re: after updating OS X to 10.7.4 getting kernel errors

To be frank I am not well aware of such kernel errors but still I would like to give you some advice (share my own experience) regarding the installation of the update in your machine. Now recently even I have updated my iMac system to 10.7.4 but interestingly I didn’t do it directly, instead I preferred 10.7.4 Client Combo. Trust me even I wasn’t aware of such combo thing but during the time of update my brother suggested me to download and then install the desired version’s Client Combo update rather than going for the update that is released recently. As according to his instruction I did the same and now I have successfully updated my OS X to 10.7.4 without any error or conflicts. Still I do not have any idea about the Client Combo concept, just did it as suggested and everything is going cool. I would not assure your or force you to go for it but at least if possible you can give it a try. Hope this might help you and solve your trouble.

I would vote for the above suggestion. Its great and I am sure that it will work well. The above friend gave a proper suggestion but somehow he failed to explain the things properly. I mean he didn’t describe the Client Combo update well (maybe he is technically weak). Anyways I would like to share some of the necessary known information about this update. Even I am not sure whether it will help you from eliminating the kernel error but it won’t harm you if you try it out in your iMac system.

• This update helps you to save your files to the server without any causing any adverse affect by any issue.
    • The best thing is that I gain the compatibility of your machine with any of the third party USB keyboard. Also copying the files to the SMB server becomes more reliable.

Overall this update can help you to improve and increase the reliability, compatibility and other necessary things in your Mac.

I don’t think such combo update can help you out the way it should be. I can nowhere think about any difference with such above solutions. Anyways after trying out the above suggestion if in case, it doesn’t help you then follow my instructions thoroughly. No doubt, it is going to work for your kernel errors.

• The first thing you need to do is follow the mentioned path and try to delete the Applesmc.kext, here Applesmc.kext belongs to the 10.7.4 update. Path: MacintoshHD/System/Library/Extension. After deleting close the folder
    • Now what you need to do is try to download the previous version update of OS X i.e. 10.7.3. After downloading it, try to extract the same deleted Applesmc.kext with Pacifist from this newly downloaded version 10.7.3
    • After deleting, now try to install the extracted AppleSMC.kext from 10.7.3 to the same location from where you deleted the AppleSMC.kext of 10.7.4 version.
    • Once you locate the file, now reboot the system and see the magic. You won’t find any kernel error messages or anything that would harm or interrupt you.