Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2012

What are editions in Windows 8

Are there any editions is upcoming Windows 8. The one which I used last time is consumer preview and after that there was nothing announced. After Windows XP Microsoft has divided Windows in various edition. Like Home Edition, Pro, Ultimate, etc. And I do not really thing this is worth doing. Does anyone knows what microsoft plans for Windows 8. I hope there would be a single edition which will be equipped with all features that everyone wants.
Old 07-06-2012

Re: What are editions in Windows 8

There are three editions, Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro and Windows 8 RT. There is sure price and feature difference among this versions. Like it is not possible to upgrade to Windows 8 RT from your existing operating system. While there is no Device encryption, BitLocker and BitLocker To Go available in Windows 8. You also cannot have Encrypting File System in Windows 8. There is no information on the RT version yet while there was a news for upgrading Windows 8 Pro for Rs. 699.
Old 08-06-2012

Re: What are editions in Windows 8

That can be found only when the final version is out. Surely there is no single version applicable for all. Microsoft will bifurcate that into pieces and so the prices will also differ. But yet Windows 8 looks very poor. I am waiting for the beta version. If that is out we can simply test it and check out whether it is fine or not. This new OS bend more towards touch interface.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: ,