Thread: Did anyone hear about Microsoft Windows upgrade Offer for India

Did anyone hear about Microsoft Windows upgrade Offer for India

I am not sure, but I got a message where it was mentioned that Microsoft is offering some kind of Windows upgrade offers for India. Which version I don't know. I am really eager to go for new upgrade if possible. I had looked on Microsoft site but there is nothing officially listed. And if it is only about upgrade then surely we can benefit from our existing operating system. I hope Microsoft is provide cheap and easy upgrade offers for Windows OS. I am on the Home Edition right now and ready to pay for Ultimate version of Windows 7. Please provide any relevant solution on the same. It would he helpful if anyone can tell till what time the offer will last and what will the actual cost of upgrade. Thanks.

Re: Did anyone hear about Microsoft Windows upgrade Offer for India

I know something about that. Microsoft is going to provide an upgrade offer for those whoa re using Windows 7. I think this is only for those who had purchased a new Windows 7 PC. Under this offer if you go for a upgrade you will get Windows 8 Pro Edition. You can download that simply for Rs. 699 along with 90day support for Microsoft. The last date of this offer is January 31st 2013. So there is ample of time to decide whether you want to go for this or not.

I would not think that this will be beneficial to extent. Because if one is happy with Windows 7 why would he go for Windows 8. I had tested the developer preview recently and I found it more complicated. Is there way to downgrade back to Windows 7 if one do not liked Windows 8. I tried to find the option for that but there is nothing much mentioned on that.

Doesn't Microsoft planing to release any upgrade for Windows 7 Ultimate. I am on home edition and not prepare to go for Windows 8. I had not tested Windows 8 and do not plan to go for that. I had found that it require more system resource to carry out number of operations also it is very complicated to use Windows right now.