Thread: Couldn't verify the product key error in Windows 8 Consumer Preview

Couldn't verify the product key error in Windows 8 Consumer Preview

I downloaded the Windows 8 consumer preview from Microsoft’s website. I have downloaded 64-bt version in ISO file format. During installation, it asked me for the product key and I entered DNJXJ-7XBW8-2378T-X22TX-BKG7J and it started verifying this product key to see if it is right. But after some minutes, a message popped up saying that product key I entered couldn’t be verified at that moment and asked me to retry after some time. I tried again and again, maybe for seven to eight times, but failed to get the product key verified. Can somebody tell me what do I do now?

Re: Couldn't verify the product key error in Windows 8 Consumer Preview

If you are willing to install Windows 8 in your PC, then I would like to suggest you to use Windows 8 setup program. This will not require any product key as it itself gets the product verified during installation. If you are using the ISO file, then you’ll need to create a readable media to get it working properly. You can write on a DVD or a pen drive to install. If the product key you are using is giving you problems, then I’d recommend you to try another product key, NF32V-Q9P3W-7DR7Y-JGWRW-JFCK8. I am sure this product key will work.

Another tip I’d like to give as you are using the ISO file for installation of Windows 8 in your PC. When you are writing the ISO file on the disk, keep the speed of the DVD writer to its lower than normal speed settings. Since you are making a bootable disk, data must be properly burned on the disk, and slow speed will ensure it.