Thread: Windows Store won’t open in Windows 8

Windows Store won’t open in Windows 8

I have installed Windows 8 yesterday and I started working on it today. While exploring the contents of Windows 8, I came across the Windows Store. I clicked on the Windows Store and entered my Windows Live ID and other information required. But after the system logged in the Windows Store, a blue screen with logo of a bag appeared for some seconds. After this, the screen went white and nothing happened after that, I waited for around ten minutes, but no Windows Store opened. Can somebody tell me what the problem can be? Is it that Windows Store has not yet started and thus I am not being able to access it?

Re: Windows Store won’t open in Windows 8

Same thing happened to me when I first tried to open the Windows Store from Windows 8 in my PC. I think that there is some problem with Windows Store for not opening at the first attempt. Just close the Windows Store once and then again start it. This might help you. But even after this Windows Store is giving problems, then I’d suggest you to check if Windows 8 is accepting the internet connection you are providing.

Check other applications that need internet connection to see if they are properly working or not. Also see to it that you are logged in using the Windows Live account. Check the date and the time that you have set in your computer. Many times the wrong date and time leads to make the servers think that spammers or some malicious user or bot is trying to access leading to termination of the connection. Check if your operating system has installed all the updates available till the date you try to connect to Windows store. The problem that you have described is often seen when person is using Windows 8 via virtual systems like VMware. Also if you didn’t provide you Windows Live details during installation of Windows 8, this will cause such problems.