Thread: "This app is not available in your market" error on Windows 8

"This app is not available in your market" error on Windows 8

I have recently installed Windows 8 Consumer Preview and when I am trying to install Maps app then I get an error message saying “This app is not available in your market" is there anything I can do about the same? Why I am getting this error? Is there anyone aware of this?? Any help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

Re: "This app is not available in your market" error on Windows 8

I have checked about the same and have found many people complaining about this. Anyways I will like to inform you that if you are getting “This app is not available in your market" error then it might not be available in your region for now. There are possibilities that they might be available in your region with the later versions of Windows 8 but the same has not been determined by any officials. I have found people having such issues with mostly Weather and Maps application.

Re: "This app is not available in your market" error on Windows 8

I am not very sure if this solution will work or not but if you want then you can give it a try and see if you are having any luck with the same:
    • First create a live id selecting United States as your location and create a user account associated with the same live id.
    • When you are done with these changes then launch region by going in to the control panel and change the "location" to "United states" and try signing out and signing in with the live id.

Just check it out and let me know if the map application is getting available to you after that or not.