|Tags: installation disk, laptop, lenovo, thinkpad x120e, ubuntu, windows 7|
| ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
Installing ubuntu in Lenovo ThinkPad X120e
Re: Installing ubuntu in Lenovo ThinkPad X120e
Before installing the ubuntu in your laptop I suggest you to take the backup of your data. If any of your data is lost then I will not be responsible for it. Here are the step by step guide for installing ubuntu on your laptop:
1. Insert the Ubuntu CD in the CD drive and boot the CD.
2. After the boot it will first of all you will be prompted to select language. Select the language you prefer.
3. As you select the language you will see the Ubuntu menu. From the menu select install Ubuntu.
4. Ubuntu will initialize and then start the installation wizard.
5. On the Welcome screen select the language and then click on forward button.
6. It will check for the minimum system requirements to run the Ubuntu and if the computer has it then you will see green colored tick marks on the next page.
7. Click forward and you will be on the page to select the hard drive.
8. Select the first option if you want to install the Ubuntu in your computer by formatting the whole hard drive. Select the second option if you want to install Ubuntu in your computer in one of your partition of the hard drive.
9. Select the second option as it will not delete any of your data from the computer. After selecting the option it will prompt you to create a new partition. Create the new partition with more than 3 GB of size.
10. While creating the partition of the disk make sure that you use the ext3 journaling file system.
11. Select the partition you want to install the Ubuntu and click on install now.
12. It will prompt you to select the location, select the location and click forward.
13. Now it will prompt you to select the keyboard, select the keyboard and click forward. When you are going with this option it will copy the files in the system.
14. After that you will be prompt to fill your name, computer name, choose a username and create a password. Fill the details and click forward button.
15. When you click forward it will copy the files in the system, let it copy the files it might some time to copy.
16. When all the files will be copied in the system it will prompt a message that the Ubuntu has completed the installation and will tell you restart the computer.
17. After the restart it will load the Ubuntu in your system and will stop at the login screen. Type the user name and password which you have entered during the installation process.
Thats it, you have completed the installation procedure and now you are ready to use the Ubuntu operating system in your laptop.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar Threads for: "Installing ubuntu in Lenovo ThinkPad X120e"|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Lenovo ThinkPad X120e VS Lenovo ThinkPad X220||IAMKing||Portable Devices||11||06-12-2011 06:38 AM|
|Lenovo ThinkPad X120e screen flickers||aNaHiTa$||Portable Devices||7||26-10-2011 05:29 AM|
|Is Lenovo ThinkPad x120e a good business laptop?||Harigopal||Portable Devices||5||09-08-2011 06:42 PM|
|Can we get 1920x1200 on External monitor with Lenovo ThinkPad X120E?||Tailapa||Portable Devices||5||05-08-2011 07:47 PM|
|Lenovo thinkpad x120e Ram Upgrade||fANIBHUSAN||Motherboard Processor & RAM||5||16-06-2011 08:38 PM|