| || |
Join Date: Aug 2011
Re: Two Windows Update KB2676562 and KB2679252 are installed continously
Yes you should first determine whether the update is actually installed or not. If it is installed and it is still prompting you for installing the same again then you can try out the below trouble shooting and see if it is helping you out or not.
- First try using Microsoft Safety Scanner and scan your computer and see if it is detecting any malware.
- If that does not finds anything then try using spyware-fighting software and antivirus for scanning the computer, if you want then you can check out some other third-party antivirus software as well but I will suggest you to go with Microsoft Security Essentials antivirus software.
- If they are not making any difference in your case then you will have to try out downloading and installing the update in Safe Mode. For that just follow the below steps:
- First go to the Microsoft Download website and then enter the number of the Knowledge Base article and click on go, when you get it in the list then download the same and better save it to the desktop.
- Now Double-click the downloaded file for installing it, you don?t have to extract that file you just have to double click on the same. Restart the system when prompted and then go to the Windows Update website and see if you are getting any other update.
- If you get it then you will have to install the update in Safe Mode. So just restart the computer and press the F8 key before the Windows starts and then use the Windows starts for selecting Safe Mode and hit enter. After entering the Safe Mode Double-click the file and follow the same installation process that has been mentioned above.
Just try it out and then let me know if it is making any difference in your case or not.