Thread: Not received OEM License with Windows Disc

Not received OEM License with Windows Disc

I brought a new HP pavilion G6 Laptop last year in December. It was having a Genuine windows XP operating system. Few days ago my motherboard started giving problem, laptop was rebooting continuously and even RAM was not getting detected properly. So I change the motherboard. Now I want to install a fresh copy of windows but I don’t have windows OEM disc.

So i borrow one from my friend but I don’t think license will work because OEM license is locked on Motherboard. I don’t know how to get new product code for new motherboard. Anyone have any idea how to solve this problem? Thank you in Advance.

Re: Not received OEM License with Windows Disc

I brought new computer system from retailer and they provided me windows OEM disk. Suddenly I lost windows OEM disk, i don't know how but i lost it. My system was infected by viruses and was not working properly. So, I Reinstalled a fresh copy of windows by downloading Windows ISO from internet and installed it.

The product key was written on the back side of Laptop. So, I insert that product key and installation went successfully. My laptop is also now working fine. Hence, i would like to suggest you to check your laptop back and put the key provided. It should work.

Re: Not received OEM License with Windows Disc

The Windows serial code is written on back side of your Laptop. If you have this code then OEM disk is not require. You have to talk to Microsoft about changing of motherboard. They will ask few information from you like Serial NO of Laptop, Model No, old Product Key, etc and will provide you new installation Product key.

You can install a new windows copy from any installation disk and insert that new product key which is provided by Microsoft. And if you don’t have any installation disks then talk to your retailer or any of your friends.