Thread: How to downgrade from windows 8 to windows 7

How to downgrade from windows 8 to windows 7

I bought a Dell N series laptop couple of months ago that came with Windows 7 default operating system. But in February when Microsoft released the consumer preview of Windows 8, i was excited to experience the same and hence i replaced my Windows 7 with Windows 8 CP. I was happy to use it for couple of weeks but now i dont want to use it any more. I mean Windows 7 is such a simple and user friendly operating system. So i want to roll back to windows 7.

If anyone knows how can i downgrade from windows 8 to windows 7, please let me know as well. Thanks.

Re: How to downgrade from windows 8 to windows 7

There are many people looking solution for this issue. You can roll back to windows 7 from windows 8 but for that you need windows 7 dvd. You have to insert windows 7 dvd in DVD ROM. Then reboot your computer. After rebooting your computer you will get option boot from cd or dvd. Press any key to boot the dvd. It will start loading the windows 7 files in your computer .Once files has loaded it will start extracting windows file .After extracting file it will start with installation. Between the installation it will gives you some option. Select custom installation in that. Then select partition with windows 8 on but do not select delete or format option. If you select format or delete option then it will format or delete your partition. Install windows7 on windows 8 partition. After completing the installation your computer will reboot. After rebooting your computer delete old files of windows 8.

Re: How to downgrade from windows 8 to windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by Suu!Shant View Post
    If anyone knows how can i downgrade from windows 8 to windows 7, please let me know as well. Thanks.
    You just need to do an fresh windows 7 installation like we do always. Put Windows 7 DVD, boot from CD, format your hard drive and complete the installation process. Simple.