Thread: Looking for a good File manager for Mac OS X

Looking for a good File manager for Mac OS X

I found that there are many limitation to the File Managers that is provided as default for Mac OS X and so I am searching for some other alternative that can be used with the Mac OS X. I don’t know that which one will be the best for me and so I wanted to have some suggestion from you people. If you can suggest me some good alternative for this then I will be really thankful for you.

Re: Looking for a good File manager for Mac OS X

I am using the Macintosh Explorer and this is really better as compared to the default file explorer from the Mac OS X. Macintosh Explorer is the best file explorer replacement. Many programs of this type have come out because of the limitations of the Mac OS X Finder. So there are many of the program that provides lot of improvements with the apps. It will for example be possible to open multiple streams of exploration by using tabs which is similar to the Firefox. In general, the application cloned the famous file explorer for Windows for the switchers of the operating system who changes from the Windows to Mac OS.

The muCommander brings an alternative file manager for the Mac. The software is based on two-window approach like the DOS times which is very popular Norton Commander. muCommander mastered all the basic features of a file manager. In a two-window view, you will be able to navigate with a mouse or much faster with the numerous shortcuts. You will be having full access to the file system and open/delete data from the memory.

I would like to tell you that the BinaryNights have made available the ForkLift which is a new file manager for Mac OS X. You will get the features as batch renaming and file management. This is not free but worth from its price. Forklift is a powerful file manager and FTP client with quick ferocity dressed in a clean user interface. You will get improved workflow with the dual panel. This is a adaptable file manager that is offering the combination of absolute simplicity and power. Along with the ForkLift, you will also get complete toolbox and with the help of that you will be able to manage your file well. This is also having the feature for folder synchronization.

There are many such application available but the best that I can suggest you is the Path Finder. Path Finder is one of the best managers of files that exist for Mac. This application to be of a kind that is reconstructed Finder that includes many of the things that we always wanted with the original Finder.

Path Finder might contains shortcuts to commonly used folders. You will be able to customize bookmarks and favorites. This allows navigation through tabs and having several display modes (the so-called 'dual window') and much more. Best thing with this application is that it consumes less memory as compared to the default Mac OS X Finder. This program is designed to solve all the little problems of management and customization that a user may have experienced in the use of the system designed by Apple's Finder. Path Finder 5 replaces many secondary programs such as preview images, text style editor Notepad (TextEdit) and a multimedia player. PathFinder is not just a simple file manager, it acts more like a workstation that provides all the tools to manage our Mac device.