Thread: error "Software Update can’t connect to the update server" on Mac OS X Lion

error "Software Update can’t connect to the update server" on Mac OS X Lion

I am trying to update the Mac OS X Lion to the version 10.7.3 but failed to do so. Actually whenever I try to do that, it shows me the message which is as "Software Update can’t connect to the update server". I have never seen such error and so I don’t have any idea like what should I do with it. Is there anyone who has already faced this problem, can come up with a solution? Thank you so much in advance for the replies.

Re: error "Software Update can’t connect to the update server" on Mac OS X Lion

Just leave the method of normal update that you have been following because now you can download the updates directly from apple website. This is very recommended update for all the OS X Lion users. From here you will be able to download the combo update for "Mac OS X Lion" and that will bring you the up to date software version with latest fix. With this update, you will get all the earlier bugs and issues resolved. I have also upgraded with the same and it is really boosting the performance. I am very happy with the update.

Earlier I was also facing the same problem and was not able to find the solution for this. I thought that there is something wrong through the 10.7.3 update and so I decided to reinstall the osx. I did the same and then all the things started to work normally for me. I really don’t know that what is the logic behind this but it worked for me and so I am recommending you to do the same thing. The most important is that, you must take the backup for all the data in your device. I am saying this because there is possibility that you will lose those data while reinstalling. I didn’t pay any attention to this thing and lost some of my very important data and so I am warning those over here. I hope that this post will be useful for you. If you have any further query regarding this then please let me know that.

I would like to tell you that, soon the update is not going to be available for the users for download. They have made available the combo update for user satisfaction. They have done this because there are some issues with the update and they will resolve it as soon as possible. It is expected that they will release the 10.7.4 version soon for correcting the problems with the existing version. There are many users who are waiting for the same and I am also doing the same. Let’s see when that will be available for us to update.

It will be better for you if you can simply schedule the software update that will check for the update automatically and install that on your machine. This is by default set for the weekly check for the update and if you want then you can change that according to your choice. If you want to do that then you can do that from the Software Update pane which is there in the System Preferences and with the help of that, you will be able to schedule the automatic checks for updates. In my case, I have set that for daily check because I want my machine to be updated all the times. If you do this then it will download the update and after downloading the update it will prompt you to install the update.