Thread: Will my personal stuff get deleted by system repair in windows

Will my personal stuff get deleted by system repair in windows

I am having the Dell xps 8300 laptop and using windows 7 in it. In my windows I am getting an error that the windows files are corrupted. When I told my friend about this he told me to perform the system repair in the laptop. I want to repair the system. I just wanted to ask you that if I go for the system repair option will it delete my personal folders data. The data in the my documents folder and the data on the desktop will be deleted or not?

Re: Will my personal stuff get deleted by system repair in windows

Quote Originally Posted by Power Crippler View Post
    I want to repair the system. I just wanted to ask you that if I go for the system repair option will it delete my personal folders data. The data in the my documents folder and the data on the desktop will be deleted or not?
    No I don’t think so that the system repair will delete your personal stuff from the computer. Because you are repairing the system not reinstalling the system. When you are reinstalling the operating system then all the personal files and folders get deleted and the new user files and folders are been added to the system.

I had the problem in my desktop that most of the system files in the computer were corrupted by the virus. I discussed this problem with one of my friend and he adviced me to perform the system restore in my computer. He told me that this will replace the corrupt system files. I did the system repair from the installation DVD.

After the system repair I had the problems that it deleted the profiles of the existing users. It also deleted all the data which were there in my documents and desktop. It did not do anything to the program files. Some of the programs were not working properly as they were connected to the user profiles. I lost all the personal certificates from the internet explorer since they are connected to the user profiles.

Yes the system repair does delete all the personal data. It deletes all the data from my documents and desktop and even all the settings made by the user. I had done the system restore in my laptop and deleted all the user accounts and all the data of the user accounts. It also deleted the graphics driver from my laptop. The sound and the motherboard drivers were not deleted by performing the system repair.